This is an interesting forum

Elephas

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no its more personal to the "haters" then Bose and ultra..actually it seems to be led by a few people that cant stand ray and then the cock suckers just suck up to that few people to for once in their lives feel accepted. then there are a few who are still pissed about deleted posts they made regarding RSA on the other forum..so they take it out here on RSA to make themselves feel better (hey what ever works i guess).

then there are a even fewer people who think of his higher end just as good amps but may prefer some other sound instead, but these people get pissed from the "i got my hornet..and my $$$ dock yay" type posts and well you know.

Uh...no. Most of us here are here because we do not like to be sheep and follow the crowd. Your explanation works for people on that other forum as to why they like RSA stuff, but doesn't work here.

I like what I like because it sounds good.

I don't object to following the crowd as long as the crowd know what they're doing, promoting things for the right reasons (i.e. it sounds good) and backing it up with experience. Unfortunately HF has too many people promoting products as the best thing since sliced bread because they're lacking good reference points or have an axe to grind. I wouldn't claim to have experienced enough myself but I don't run around making wild statements about how my preferred gear is better than everything I haven't heard...that's something that is all too common on HF. I must admit I also have a healthy dislike for censorship on forums although in that regard I have seen much worse than Head-fi.

Oh, and welcome to Head-case Elephas. :)

I don't object to following the crowd as long as the crowd know what they're doing, promoting things for the right reasons (i.e. it sounds good) and backing it up with experience. Unfortunately HF has too many people promoting products as the best thing since sliced bread because they're lacking good reference points or have an axe to grind. I wouldn't claim to have experienced enough myself but I don't run around making wild statements about how my preferred gear is better than everything I haven't heard...that's something that is all too common on HF. I must admit I also have a healthy dislike for censorship on forums although in that regard I have seen much worse than Head-fi.

Oh, and welcome to Head-case Elephas. :)

I agree with what your are saying. For instance, what is the crazed about the imod and V-dock combo anyway? For the price (550 for iMod and another 550 for V-dock), you can get an Ihp-120 + Benhmark DAC for much better sound quality. Also..headfi has way too many fanboy. You can't comment negatively on a product any more. I was only beg to differ on the whole V-dock thing but the mod came in and comment that it is nice to have a new product.

Thanks for the welcomes, I'll continue to drop by from time to time.

For all intents and purposes, I consider posting here the same as the other forum.

I've never felt that I was censored or restricted from posting what I think over there.

OK, time to go start a "What is the best headphone for me?" thread. Would that result in me being banned? :)