This is an interesting forum

Elephas

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and who said I'm hating them? (they just don't get over 3 minutes listening time when I'm around) (i never was able to figure out what exactly those cans excelled in).

what a welcome... he comes here and says hi. we admire his source, his cans... and then tell him to upgrade his amp... nice.

Just because they don't excel in any specific area doesn't mean they can't be competent in multiple ones. I guess I just have trouble with your exaggerated claims.

exaggerated claims is what makes HC fun... check out the recent pissing contest between sacd_lover and 909!

and I stand by my claim, (at least until the next time I hear it) it can't do a damn thing right....

kitaoji, if you're around I'd like to hear it.

w5000 mafia: tell me what to listen to, on what gear, and what to listen for. and I promise i'll give it an open mind and a good listen. if it still sucks, i'll go right back to bashing it.

Humanflyz: while you're on this thread... I'm out of LSAT practice books (finished them) and would like some more. Barns and Noble closed while you were gone... know of any other place around town that might have them?

w5000 mafia: tell me what to listen to, on what gear, and what to listen for. and I promise i'll give it an open mind and a good listen. if it still sucks, i'll go right back to bashing it.

I found they sounded pretty decent when I pressed the cups against my head hard enough for most of the air to be squished out of the pads. Though this was pretty fatiguing - for my hands & arms, not my ears. So obviously I have no long-term listening impressions for this form of the W5000. I still prefer the L3000 to even the squished-in W5000 sound. Note - I am not a member of the W5000 mafia :laugh:

you need to listen to them with good music through my ears and listen for greatness.

nah i'm just messing with you, if you don't like them you don't like them. they are hard cans to like.

exaggerated claims is what makes HC fun... check out the recent pissing contest between sacd_lover and 909!

twisted! >:D

Humanflyz: while you're on this thread... I'm out of LSAT practice books (finished them) and would like some more. Barns and Noble closed while you were gone... know of any other place around town that might have them?

are you taking a course? i suggest you do so. i highly recommend testmasters and if you can take it with Robin Singh.

Yeah, I thought that was your schtick. :P

yeah, but not today.

What, I can't take a page out of the 909 playbook? :-*

but of course.

surely there is some post around here where k.g. destroys it?
Actually, just find a single post by Kevin, and then find that link that shows all his posts -- about half of them are explaining why Ray's amp designs ...erm... "implementations" suck. After all, he doesn't post that much, so you shouldn't have to go back that far.

Word filters are fine, but we need a cheat sheet! ;D

No way, not knowing is half the fun. On another forum I frequented a few years ago they had the craziest word filters. Like during a Superbowl game something like "first down" would be something completely random.