This is an interesting forum

Elephas

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always preferred the W5000 over the L3000. I listened to the L3000+Raptor a few days ago and thought it sounded bad. I couldn't listen for more than 10 minutes and switched to the HD600. Ah, no more closed-in and congested feeling.

That closed-in congested feeling is from the Raptors inability to drive low impedance headphones.

Wow, I didn't think this forum had so much activity.

It seems the rules are a bit more relaxed here. Personally, I think that's fine. I'm interested in a variety of viewpoints, including negative ones.

I currently own a number of headphones, but being located in Taiwan means there aren't many amps available. I've heard a number of headphones and sources, also speaker systems, but not many headphone amps. My primary headphones were the AD2000, W5000, K701, HD650 etc. for over two years, until recently when I got an R10 and Stax O2+KGSS. I still like the other dynamics, though.

The great sound of the O2+KGSS and the R10+Raptor has changed my mind about the "value" of high-end headphones and amps. Before, I didn't think going up the price ladder was worth it, due to my experience with the L3000. Yes, it sounds good, but I never thought it was worth the price vs. the W5000, K701, HD650, RS-1. Maybe another amp will improve its sound.

I placed an order for an Apache after the National Meet in late April, intending to go balanced with the L3000 and most of the dynamics. The decision was based on the pre-order discount and my good experience with the Raptor. I'm expecting to receive it soon (2nd batch).

Sooner or later, I think I'm going to have to hear a SinglePower amp for myself. You guys in the US are really lucky to be able to attend the meets.

As for bidding, I lost the almost-new R10 auction on eBay, but I don't intend to lose many more (unless lions or "ConUS only" appear). ;D

As you can see Headcase is the opposite of the other forum..

many regards to the "supposed" censorship on the other forum silence these boys for their love of the Ray Samuels cock. Don't let them stir you wrong..jealousy is a mother shitter.

on there you have the RSA fanboys but on here you have RSA haters. before you listen to one on any forum look into their older posts to see what they always said about this or that to understand either they have personal feelings over their hearing or they don't.

take what you read on both forums and mix them..then forget both of them and trust your ears boy...only one who knows what you like or dislike

ok boys continue on with the RSA lashing..

i think i will be picking me up an Apache used for half the entry price soon..my wallet thanks you! :dance:

don't you find it interesting, Billy, that, for the most part, RSA fanboyism is inversely proportional to general audio experience? seems to be the same with Ultrasone too, and Bose.

just as proportional to the hatred of RSA or anything Ray would be on this board..

two wrongs dont make a right..now wongs on the other hand can have a baby named right..

before you listen to one on any forum look into their older posts to see what they always said about this or that to understand either they have personal feelings over their hearing or they don't.
I was very civil to Ray at first, although admittedly critical:

link

link

Hey, wow, I don't remember liking the Stealth...

Interesting, though, my comment about it sucking with the W2002 is completely gone.

AWWWW Dusty...your so sweet....

BTW, I liked your Stealth very much with the Sennheisers.

dude did you ever get the RSA fanclub christmas card? i dont remember seeing you on the mailing list..

how about this..

i send you a RSA team club touring jacket..how would you like that?

:angel:

if the Stealth is similar to the Raptor, it's entirely possible that it sounds ok with Senns, as the design wouldn't be as crippled with high impedance phones.
Yeah, looks like I did actually write that, and my minute discussion with him about his switchbox is in another thread...I'll have to dig it up...

And I found the webarchive site, it's here.

are you having problems today?

well my ex is next door from me rite now, i think i drank bad espresso cause my head is fucking boiling and when i seen the pics of those modded sr-60's on this forum i seriously almost puked. i been driving around the city looking for hotel shits..i don't understand why no one allows you to bring your own soda in the meeting rooms fucking $2.50 for a soda..soon as i find a hotel i am going to dig a tunnel from my bar to the place..yeah...no

other then that just restate it in different words..

I didn't realize you fanboys were that organized. No, wait, yes I did.

apparently not that organized...i mean how could we miss sending you the valentine box of chocolates every year? shit...i am going to talk with trose about that..he is slacking..

so what size will you like for your jacket? my guess would be a petite by the way you talk on here.. :laugh:

no its more personal to the "haters" then Bose and ultra..actually it seems to be led by a few people that cant stand ray and then the cock suckers just suck up to that few people to for once in their lives feel accepted. then there are a few who are still pissed about deleted posts they made regarding RSA on the other forum..so they take it out here on RSA to make themselves feel better (hey what ever works i guess).

then there are a even fewer people who think of his higher end just as good amps but may prefer some other sound instead, but these people get pissed from the "i got my hornet..and my $$$ dock yay" type posts and well you know.