• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder when ray is going to go back to his nasty old trick of shipping

his product to some of justin's pre-orders. Just like he did back in the

amp wars days when he sent his amplifiers on eval to anyone interested

in a singlepower.

I suspect that he is cutting shipping cost right now and I also suspect that you are right as well. Justin's pre-order list makes this very easy.

I'm listening to it right now....after 3 minutes of burn-in I'm already detecting some tightening of the bass... the highs have been pretty consistent throughout the burn-in so far... we'll see how it goes form here.

I'm most interested in minutes 6 and 7. Keep us posted.

I actually started a thread over there awhile ago suggesting what you said, but was promptly banned, and the thread deleted. I didn't even single out RSA audio. I just said that since many popular amps require burn in of the "capacitors" then why don't the mfrs just burn in the caps in an array designed to do that, then pop the caps into the amp? It's not very hard or costly to construct a cap burn in farm. I brought up the short return policy of some MOT's and stuff as the reason for the suggestion. I guess they saw that it mainly concerned rsa stuff so it got removed pretty fast.

I suggested the same thing way back when, and got a nasty gram from adminz...difference is, I singled out RSA.

I was told in was inappropriate and that it would be very difficult for a manufacturer to do such a thing.... ::)

I have a burn in question that I want to throw out to you guys:

If someone were to connect the output of a new Predator to the mic input on their computer, with a mini to mini, and recorded 30 seconds of their favorite test music with Audacity and saved it to a wav, and repeated this at various intervals during the so called 600hr burn in period, would we be able to hear the differences ourselves if we compared the first and last wavs?

USG