MPX3 Preamp Use

n_maher

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the whole concept is that the only way to get the info these days is to call. He hardly has anything anymore that qualifies as a standard amp with the exception of the Extreme. Or at least that's the way it seems to me.

which is alot less complete than it used to be... a lot of stuff has been pulled.

I think the whole concept is that the only way to get the info these days is to call. He hardly has anything anymore that qualifies as a standard amp with the exception of the Extreme. Or at least that's the way it seems to me.

i.e. here's a snippet:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/singlepower-sds-xlr-ordered-but-still-need-more-suggestions-269148/index5.html#post3429150

Ok, probably a stupid question but without any instructions or any place to download them from could someone please tell me which position is the input tube? I'm guessing it is the rear-most position but guessing with stuff like this is beyond a bad idea. Clearly this doesn't matter if I'm using 3 6SN7s for testing purposes but considering this amp came with 5687 adapters I figured that its owner will more than likely want to know this info eventually. :)

These adapters must be some of the earlier ones Mikhail did, they have no markings to indicate what the hell they're for. ??? Thankfully they're all supposed to be for 5687's but that seems pretty crazy to not have them marked, doesn't it?

Even the newer ones don't have great markings, just something looking like the adapter type scraped onto the bottom.

Even the newer ones don't have great markings, just something looking like the adapter type scraped onto the bottom.

I'd greatly prefer something to nothing! I'll probably try to mark them in some way for Mike in case he picks up other adapters. And it's official he got the deal of the century on this amp.