Audio goodies for the holidays?

boomana

What's an interesting color?

Nice present to the wife. Are the tree branches and birdies on the first panel and the pink sky on the second?

Color: what do you think? ;)

Yes, that is correct, there are two panels of plexiglass, the top with black sillouette of birds/tree branches, the back with the sky coloring.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Color: what do you think? ;)

Yes, that is correct, there are two panels of plexiglass, the top with black sillouette of birds/tree branches, the back with the sky coloring.

Wait, that color was even an option?

I'm actually thinking of getting the LED on Gilmore Lite (assuming I keep it as my backup amp) changed over to orange, so it'll match the B22 and Vanguard II. I wonder how difficult it would be to change the one on 840C.

Wait, that color was even an option?

I'm actually thinking of getting the LED on Gilmore Lite (assuming I keep it as my backup amp) changed over to orange, so it'll match the B22 and Vanguard II. I wonder how difficult it would be to change the one on 840C.

I know a guy, who knows a guy ;)

Yeah it's pretty easy to change out LEDs. I'm pretty sure the Gilmore light LED is board mounted in such a way that you could take the cover off and desolder/solder a new one in...the resistor for the LED might not be the right value for the level of brightness you want, but that can be changed as well. As far as changing out an LED in a CD player, well it depends on location and whether it's easy to get to, some are, some aren't...most aren't as they tend to be soldered on PCBs that are mounted against the front panel with other buttons/controls and require a lot of dissasembly/reassembly to change out.

Vicki, have you posted impressions on your SRM-001, yet? If so, I missed them. I'm dying to hear what you think of them.

She's waiting to see if it's ok to keep it.

Yeah, but I also read where she said she was going to buy it from him even if it wasn't so...why not go ahead and start using it?

No, my friend's in Puerto Rico until right after the New Year. I do want to give him the option of returning them, if he wants, unopened. If I buy them, I'll get my own. I gotta say, though, it's getting real hard to just have them here looking at me, begging me to give them a quick listen...just for a minute or two...no one will know... >:D:angel:>:D:angel:>:D:angel: ...arrrrgh.