Audio goodies for the holidays?

boomana

Lots of new music (all vinyl) :prettyprincess: I love new vinyl!!!!!!!!!

Traveling Wilburys

The best of Diana Krall

Best of Black Sabboth

Cowboy Junkies "Whites off Earth now"

Patricia Barber " Verse"

Alison Krauss& Union Station "Live"

Clifford Brown & Max Roach "A study in Brown"

Joni Mitchell "Blue"

ZZ Top "Tres Hombres"

Ray Charles "genius Loves Company"

Robert Plant & A. Krauss "Raising Sand"

Jacintha "Jacintha goes to Hollywood"

Eric Clapton "Unplugged"

My wife Also Got another pr. of cables for me. AQ 1M XLR Niagras.

I know all but three of those. Merry Christmas to you!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know all but three of those. Merry Christmas to you!

Thanks! I have some of these on old vinyl now and others on redbook and sacd. The Diana Krall pressing is REALLY REALLY NICE! I have always liked the recording quality even more than the music on most of her stuff. This is the best recording I have by her and i have them all(most sacd)

Purk is going to freak when he comes over and I drop the needle on this is album. ;)

it involves whips and chains, and buying some stuff, and then buying some more, and then buying yet more stuff, until you more or less decide you like the system, until you decide to buy more.

I understand that working method, but I'm going radical for 2008: I'm gonna to save my money, do some research, and then buy one thing. Strange, I know, but I'm feeling brave.

Also, I'm going to sell off most of my gear, except the essentials (whatever those may be).

I understand that working method, but I'm going radical for 2008: I'm gonna to save my money, do some research, and then buy one thing. Strange, I know, but I'm feeling brave.

Also, I'm going to sell off most of my gear, except the essentials (whatever those may be).

It's nice to make fresh start. Especially when means buying new gear.

Also, I'm going to sell off most of my gear, except the essentials.
It's all essential. That's why you probably bought it in the first place.

I keep putting a few dollars away here and there for a vinyl rig, apparently just like everyone else. I need a house first. No room in this stupid apartment. :rant:

It's all essential. That's why you probably bought it in the first place.

I keep putting a few dollars away here and there for a vinyl rig, apparently just like everyone else. I need a house first. No room in this stupid apartment. :rant:

Apartments are an excuse not to have speakers, no excuse for not having a vinyl setup >:D

It's all essential.

That's what I'm afraid of finding out. I'm not a collector of stuff (maybe books) at all and I really want to get rid of at least 2/3 of my little acquisitions. The problems is that as soon as I listen to any of it, I remember why I bought it in the first place. I like it. A lot. It makes me really happy. All of it. :-[

Gift to myself: Pico (coming soon and in an interesting color ;) )

Gift to me from parents: Dremel 400 rotary tool (I needed and wanted one so it's perfect)

Gift to wife:

birdmusic1.jpg

She's been wanting this for months and was so excited when she opened it up...made me very happy.

Oh man, I definitely need more penguin/headphone related gear.

That's what I'm afraid of finding out. I'm not a collector of stuff (maybe books) at all and I really want to get rid of at least 2/3 of my little acquisitions. The problems is that as soon as I listen to any of it, I remember why I bought it in the first place. I like it. A lot. It makes me really happy. All of it. :-[

If something makes you happy, it's pretty much a necessity. So enjoy and don't worry about it. :laugh: