electrostatic sound

brat

For 300$ that is indeed a steal!! Japan rocks for good deals but weakening dollar is making it harder to find any... :'(

Cool shit alert!

Just got home and they are the original Lambda Normals and they do sound nicer than the 404 by a good chunk imo. I'm a happy bunny :dance:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might need to buy a 6-pin connector for the Blue Hawaii, I don't know if I'm going to be able to part with them even though I'm strictly one headphone type a guy.

No BH is complete without at least 3 bias supplies, Normal, Pro and one variable up to 1000v... ;D

All right, you are now first in line to buy these ECR-500s when I decide to sell them (probably not in a long time if ever, these are sexy as hell).

yay! \o/ you wouldn't also happen to have Koss ESP-950 or the SR-Lambda (non pro) for sale too would you? :P

yay! \o/ you wouldn't also happen to have Koss ESP-950 or the SR-Lambda (non pro) for sale too would you? :P

I just got my feet wet with electrostats, but I am finally hearing something that makes music reproduction sound effortless. That's as well as I can explain it, but these things are good. I'm afraid I'm getting pulled into the dark side. I would love to hear those sets myself. ;D

IC

are you still selling your lambdas?

willing to hook a brother up with a sweet deal? :P

All the normal bias Lambdas are sold and I only have a Lambda Pro for sale. I'm always willing to discuss a deal to help out a fellow addict... ;D

What is the proper care of electrostats regarding plugging stuff in and turning stuff on? They seem to be very sensitive pieces of equipment from what I've read.

They are very sensitive and delicate instruments so I never plug them in with music playing and always let them charge up for a second or two before hitting play. When I unplug the phones I always short out the pins to discharge the diaphragm. It's also not wise to run the amps without a load present for any length of time but that's about it.