Favorite Decade For Music

postjack

Your favorite decade for music?  

1. 1. Your favorite decade for music?

The 70's has the distinction of simultaneously having some of the best and some of the worst music ever.

It just doesn't seem possible that Midnight Rider, Magic Man, American Woman, Bohemian Rhapsody, Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Ballad Of Curtis Loew, Black Dog and Uncle John's Band could possibly be from the same decade as Billy Don't Be A Hero, Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes), Undercover Angel, Afternoon Delight, Da Doo Ron Ron, You Light Up My Life and Tie A Yellow Ribbon 'Round The Ole Oak Tree, but there you have it.

Hah! That is a horrible song. I just added to your list in another thread. Steve, there were probably as many bad popular songs in other decades, but, in my case I was old enough by the late 70s and 80s to get out of the house and avoid them. Through most of the 70s, I was stuck in a house of 24/7 AM radio.

The 70's has the distinction of simultaneously having some of the best and some of the worst music ever.

It just doesn't seem possible that Midnight Rider, Magic Man, American Woman, Bohemian Rhapsody, Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Ballad Of Curtis Loew, Black Dog and Uncle John's Band could possibly be from the same decade as Billy Don't Be A Hero, Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes), Undercover Angel, Afternoon Delight, Da Doo Ron Ron, You Light Up My Life and Tie A Yellow Ribbon 'Round The Ole Oak Tree, but there you have it.

Which set was supposed to be the good songs? Oh right, the one with Black Dog in it.

I grew up in the '60s and '70s, and I can't stand the '70s in general. Of course I didn't recognize some of the songs in the good list or don't remember them... unfortunately I think I recognized all of the songs in the bad list :kitty:

Almost voted for the '80s, but went with the '90s instead, although a case for the '60s could be made (LZ, Hendrix, the early GOOD Who as opposed to whatever that was in the mid/late '70s, etc.).

Almost voted for the '80s, but went with the '90s instead, although a case for the '60s could be made (LZ, Hendrix, the early GOOD Who as opposed to whatever that was in the mid/late '70s, etc.).

Ah, the late 70's, when Disco was king! ;) I think we all try to forget about that.

Ah, the late 70's, when Disco was king! ;) I think we all try to forget about that.

for me, the late 70s was when post-punk was king. So combine the 70s as being the age of prog with the age of post-punk and throw early and late seventies Dead in there for good measure (pigpen or mydland = pure win every time), and you have my favorite musical decade.

Never! It was horrible music, I'll give you that, but in my hometown anyway a guy who could dance was a guy who got laid. And I was a dancin' fool! O0