Markl Mods

Guest sacd lover

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's my basic beef with this site. I'm the same guy here who will say the exact same things here as I will on Head-Fi. What you see is what you get. That doesn't seem to be the case for the majority of folks here from what I can see. I will not say things to people that I wouldn't dare say to their faces, which is sort of the ruff-and-tumble stock in trade over here.

You sure about that? You certainly don't come across like a self-righteous prick with poor reading comprehension over there. ;) While I can understand why you wouldn't like some of what you've read here, you've clearly missed the point of at least some of it as you're arguing with people agreeing with you. Maybe revisiting what you've read here in context might help you understand why people don't feel they can be honest over there. This place is about a hell of a lot more than bitching about Head-Fi and the people over there. Does the freedom found here result in some going a little too far the other way? Probably. Is it understandable? Definitely. So simmer down, settle in and have fun!

If you really don't know the difference between a sine wave and a square wave then

you really should not be reviewing power products as clearly thd would be meaningless

for a square wave. Shows how stupid you really are.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

So, I guess all the folks who want the mod but don't want to do it themselves should not be served?

What a load of bullshit, when in a previous post you wrote:

I was approached by someone else asking me permission to start offering the mod for a fee. So, now I had a dilemma-- let someone else profit from all my hard work, expense, and time, or do it myself. What would you have done? Me, I decided to offer my services.

So if your object was getting the mod out there and providing a source for modifications for those who can't do it themselves, then the objective was already met as there was someone offering to do the mods for other already. You didn't have to get into the mod business if you didn't want to, all you had to do was say "sure, go ahead, do it, spread the word of the markl mod to the people". And markl mods would've been available to the people who couldn't do it themselves.

So if your object was getting the mod out there and providing a source for modifications for those who can't do it themselves, then the objective was already met as there was someone offering to do the mods for other already. You didn't have to get into the mod business if you didn't want to, all you had to do was say "sure, go ahead, do it, spread the word of the markl mod to the people". And markl mods would've been available to the people who couldn't do it themselves.
Oh, you got me. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :D

Dude, how many times do I have to type that I, just like anyone else in this economy (just like you, you're a prostitute too, you sell your time and services to whomever pays your paycheck), also work for A PROFIT. You bet! I'm making money off my mods! I get dollars for my mods! I GET PAID Y'ALL! woo-hoo-, I'm rolling in markl-mod dollas y'all! :D :D :D Call the communist police!

Please tell us what you do for a living? Who pays you to prostitute your services and time and how much do you make? No one? You're independently wealthy?

Or is this all about jealousy over someone else making some profit?

Sorry, man but you made me go there...

You sure about that? You certainly don't come across like a self-righteous prick with poor reading comprehension over there.

You know he has a point there. I have never had an issue with your mods or you making money off of them, especially with you openly posting them. In fact I thought that was pretty cool.

But that last post did come across as a bit elitist. I've been in the audio hobby for over 30 years, and I didn't and don't have you on any fucking pedestal. I thought some of your reviews to be insightful and held you no disrespect. But you just blew enough smoke out of your ass there to make me wanna puke!

Get off your fuckin' high horse! I've been contacted to right reviews, so fuckin' what! You don't hold any deep knowledge that any of the rest of us who've been in this hobby a while haven't already picked up on. You're used to posing for the teenage sect who may very well have a pedestal for you, but you're not impressing those of us that have put our time in.

I'm done, just had to get that said. And to think you'd almost won me over for a bit.

Markl I appreciate you coming on over here into a possible lions den and I gotta say you handled yourself well.

I think some users just have issues with the idea of charging for a service that anyone can do. If people are willing to pay you money for simple mods that are available for anyone to do themselves, more power to you. I think aerius is more concerned about your intent and motivation rather than the actual modding itself, but the reality is there are people out there willing to pay money for things that they could do themselves. And the fact that you seem pretty upfront about wanting to get paid for your time, last time I checked we all get paid for our time in some way or another.

Get off your fuckin' high horse!
Like I said, I'm with you here. I can't imagine why anyone would bother to think enough about me to impugn my motives and consider me a fraud and a shill if I hadn't have come here first. The difference is I've spent some time and read a LOT of un-informed opinions about myself (in this thread and others), that tells me there is some misconception about me out there that should be addressed. If I didn't matter, and my presence wasn't somehow "controversial", why would there be so much attention paid to this thread? Why would you care what I typed?

This thread is not the first one on me here, nor are the comments expressed here new at all. For reasons I can only just comprehend, it seems many folks here have an opinion of me and that is that I'm a shill or a fraud. Don't be mad at me, I would join you in your outrage at anyone thinking I'm some kind of fake! ;)

Markl I appreciate you coming on over here into a possible lions den and I gotta say you handled yourself well.

I think some users just have issues with the idea of charging for a service that anyone can do. If people are willing to pay you money for simple mods that are available for anyone to do themselves, more power to you. I think aerius is more concerned about your intent and motivation rather than the actual modding itself, but the reality is there are people out there willing to pay money for things that they could do themselves. And the fact that you seem pretty upfront about wanting to get paid for your time, last time I checked we all get paid for our time in some way or another.

Thank you.

thread derailment, sure why not.

I thought that the colour of magic movie was absolutely splendid.

I got to see it in full high-definition.

I want to see more of the disc world stuff turned into more movies.

Colour of magic was great, sadly the earlier one, Hogfather, was awful.

Hey man, maybe that's one way of looking at it. For me, I don't like talking behind people's back, or showing one face when we meet in person and another when I'm away.

I get that I go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the headphone world. To some extent, by virtue of the amount of involvement I've had in the community, and the amount of influence I can sometimes wield (which I don't take for granted, believe me), to some I may look like "the Man" or an "institution" that needs to be rebelled against (yeah, I do find that absurd, and wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen some of the comments here). But the reality is I'm just a fan and music lover like any other. No one can buy my opinion. I'm not rich, but I don't need any paltry kick-backs from some manufacturer to pimp their gear. That is utterly repugnant to me, and what's more, I've never ever even been approached by anyone to write something I couldn't stand by 100%, let alone been paid off for my review.

Yes, I do get sent gear for to me to review. That is the result of having been around a while in this community and being a voice that is trusted by many. No, that is not a privelege offered to every single headphone nut, so I get the resentment. I can tell you, whether you want to believe it or not, I have never ever written a single syllable that I did not mean. There have been occasions (not many) when I received a product that I didn't find worked for me in my system that I simply sent back and did not comment on. Just because it didn't work for me in my system doesn't mean someone else might not find the very same product the ultimate NIRVANA they'd ever heard. In general, if it's some Mom&Pop outfit, I don't have time to sit there and slam their product and try to wreck their business (if it's some huge company like Sony, as you have seen, the gloves are off). I have instead tried to focus on those products I've found to be outstanding and that I want to alert my friends to.

I was recently added as the resident headphone review monkey for Positive Feedback online, based on my reputation and past work. Here, I was going to be paid for my contributions (a nominal amount), but more importantly, I got the prestige of being a "real reviewer" for a much-read site. This was a significant feather in my cap as it would be for anyone.

I had 3 reviews in the pipe-line for PF, but the moment I become a MOT for Head-Fi, I wrote management and resigned as there is no way I could possibly be their headphone reviewer when I sell a modified product I like better than the phones I would be reviewing.

The point is, no matter what you may think, I am an honest guy, and no one buys my opinion, and I'm not some evil shill for any brand or product.

Mark

If this fuckin' post isn't pumpin' Maple Syrup up your own ass then I'm Queen fuckin' Latifah! I actually had to hold back a gag while reading that shit. I'm seriously believing now that you're your own biggest fan.

I even came into this thread defending you, but then you played the Mr. Thirstin fuckin' Howl the IIIrd card and I turned Green. Good Day.

Oh, you got me. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :D

Dude, how many times do I have to type that I, just like anyone else in this economy (just like you, you're a prostitute too, you sell your time and services to whomever pays your paycheck), also work for A PROFIT. You bet! I'm making money off my mods! I get dollars for my mods! I GET PAID Y'ALL! woo-hoo-, I'm rolling in markl-mod dollas y'all! :D :D :D Call the communist police!

Please tell us what you do for a living? Who pays you to prostitute your services and time and how much do you make? No one? You're independently wealthy?

Sorry, man but you made me go there...

MOTMOTMOTMOTMOTMOT

If this fuckin' post isn't pumpin' Maple Syrup up your own ass then I'm Queen fuckin' Latifah! I actually had to hold back a gag while reading that shit. I'm seriously believing now that you're your own biggest fan.

I even came into this thread defending you, but then you played the Mr. Thirstin fuckin' Howl the IIIrd card and I turned Green. Good Day.

Again, this is what makes me so sad about this site; sincerity and honesty is automatically interpreted as lies and grabage. That's sad for this site, and says more about the interpreter than it does about me. :-[

And that's just fine. If you're upfront and say "I want ownership of my mods and I want to make fucking money off them", that's cool. But when you imply in one post that you want control & ownership of the mods, and then two posts later you say "but what about the poor people who can't get my mods if they can't do it themselves?" when there's someone else offering to do them, it makes you look like a lying sack of shit for trying to have it both ways. And that's why I called bullshit on you.

I couldn't care less about others making a profit, hell, I made more money than I care to count with put options on BSC and Lehman's. You wanna make money, go for it, just don't fucking lie about your motives.

Again, this is what makes me so sad about this site; sincerity and honesty is automatically interpreted as lies and grabage. That's sad for this site, and says more about the interpreter than it does about me. :-[

Yeah, well I'm starting to think it isn't a good fit for you either.

OK Fitz, you can go back to work now. I'm really done. It's gotten to this... :horsey:

No, it clearly isn't. But when I'm the subject of some discussion, I certainly am allowed to reply.

You certainly are. I just wish you'd take the time to... ummm, I don't know... actually read what people wrote and not make broad generalizations. Then maybe, just maybe, you'd be making a point and not making it easy to dismiss you. Until you started posting in this thread, despite some of the posts, there was nothing here that made me think any less of you. But I have to say that you've managed to fix that. Well done.