Sony MDR-R10 Repair - Back From The Dead

APureSound

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zen question:

Does markl get brownie points for not being as big an asshat as morph201/dogfish, or fewer demerits?

Actually, as MOT, he should not have posted in that thread to begin with, so....

I still do not comprehend how he sees nothing wrong with all his comments that thread.... is it narcissism?

My question is, what is the absolutely best thing she can do at this point?

She can put down the fucking crack pipe, thinking she can charge as much for a recable job as the headphone itself, and take up beer drinking with Morph instead.

my current speculative read on jenalabs is they are willing to write off the entire headphone community and completely ignore the situation because our little sect and the even smaller exclusive r10 owners that might consider a re-cable job and potential choose them represents such a minuscule piece of their business it just isn't worth it to them. if this debacle spread to say audiogon, audioasylum, stevehoffman, etc., and any one of those sites allowed it to remain indefinitely or gave the outward appears it would then it is likely jenalabs might step up and say something. yet if it's anything like their email they would just continue to dig their own grave.

my current speculative read on jenalabs is they are willing to write off the entire headphone community and completely ignore the situation because our little sect and the even smaller exclusive r10 owners that might consider a re-cable job and potential choose them represents such a minuscule piece of their business it just isn't worth it to them. if this debacle spread to say audiogon, audioasylum, stevehoffman, etc., and any one of those sites allowed it to remain indefinitely or gave the outward appears it would then it is likely jenalabs might step up and say something. yet if it's anything like their email they would just continue to dig their own grave.

I understand your point and agree with most of your post, but do we really want to put Jena Labs out of business? It's a serious threat to them if it expends on Audiogon and SH forums...

I totally disagree with their practices of overpricing cables and they did a horrible job with the R10, but do we really want to make these people lose their job? I don't have an opinion on that...

my point/desire isn't meant to put them out of business, but to at least make them accountable for their actions. tough love--take responsibility--time heals all wounds--and any potential customer should have all the facts before they get in bed with them especially if they are willing to do their homework. i would expect you would like to know something like this before you made a decision to buy a product or service from a particular manufacturer.

my point/desire isn't meant to put them out of business, but to at least make them accountable for their actions. tough love--take responsibility--time heals all wounds--and any potential customer should have all the facts before they get in bed with them especially if they are willing to do their homework. i would expect you would like to know something like this before you made a decision to buy a product or service from a particular manufacturer.

OK, I see your point. I was just trying to think about the human side of all this, people possibly losing their jobs, etc., but like you said, they should be accountable of their decisions. What's sad is that could have sorted out the problem by not being confrontational with the customer and refunding his money straight away.

OK, I see your point. I was just trying to think about the human side of all this, people possibly losing their jobs, etc., but like you said, they should be accountable of their decisions. What's sad is that could have sorted out the problem by not being confrontational with the customer and refunding his money straight away.

I would have to think audiogon, et. al. would be sort of an uphill battle, considering they have much more of a following on other sites, compared to HF.