The Orthodynamic Thread

spritzer

Sorry to break up the T50RPv2 discussion, but I just got my NAD RP18 AKA T50v2 and I really like the bass, but want more clarity up top. Sounds muffled to me. I haven't opened them up yet and I'm not sure I want to keep them since they just barely reach my ears and comfort's not ideal, but if I can keep this sexy bass and just open up the top end it'd be wonderful.

Fungi,

It's fairly hard to get the top end to come out to play with the NAD. It was that lovely bass that got me... The top end on my set is still quite recessed and it has reflex dot, reversed driver and damping, yet it's still not as out there and extended as I'd want it. I may have to redo my set again along with the T30.

However,

Sorry to break up the T50RPv2 discussion, but I just got my NAD RP18 AKA T50v2 and I really like the bass, but want more clarity up top. Sounds muffled to me. I haven't opened them up yet and I'm not sure I want to keep them since they just barely reach my ears and comfort's not ideal, but if I can keep this sexy bass and just open up the top end it'd be wonderful.

If the NAD is anything like the Aiwa then check this out:

Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - View Single Post - Orthodynamic Roundup

Mark II: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5049311-post6015.html

And follow the note on the PS: italics writing at the bottom. But you might some volume from the very deepest bass.

Also, if you want more treble after that, a small bit of reflex tape, even partially placed will easily boost that from here.

• 2 weeks later...
Did anyone try to somehow angle the drivers by adding padding to the earpads on T50RP?

Yep, first by adding a crescent moon shaped piece of foam under the pads at the rear, and most recently by putting O2 pads on them.

I don't know that it does too much for soundstage, though it is nice to have the sounds from in front rather than middle or back of the head. It does make them a lot more comfy though, not clamping the ear rims.

Turns out that a slight bend in the hanger on each side makes these fit me, though still at max adjustment. It allows more of the earcup hanger to be vertical, increasing the overall length just enough to work. Still havnt listened, because the boss still hasnt gone for lunch.

Wow, my Floats fit me just fine. How did you manage to wear your T50v1?

They were just fine, the earpads aren't particularly comfy but that's not my fault. :D I also can hardly use the HE90 due to limited range on the arc and I wear all of the Stax phones at maximum extension (not the SR-Omega but they have an extra 12mm at each side).

Anyone with Thor in their name should have a big noggin, a large beard and horned helmet....

No beard and or a horned helmet... :( I do scare small children so that they run away or they look at me utterly bewildered. ;D