Joss Whedon's Dollhouse

n_maher

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, only just finished watching it (didn't have a chance to, Saturday morning) -- jesus christ that was fucking amazing. I love the dialog -- the wearing black mini-speech, "splash of color", "who doesn't love a pun", the whole "you're never alone with a schizophrenic" slant (which would more correctly be stated, "you're never alone with a multiple personality"). And of course the story was great. And

the return of Alpha! And Patton Oswalt!

i guess my sister can be seen in the beach scene when he's talking to Patton Oswalt's character...she wasn't supposed to be in the shot, but was returning from the restroom haha...

she's just a blur, but know that that is my sister:)...

thanks a lot for your comments!...i'll relay them to her...

• 1 month later...

Still catching up via DVR. Watched "A Love Supreme" the other day - really good, probably the best ep ever. This morning was "Stop-Loss" - ok, but not on the same level.

The last episode felt rushed, but otherwise, the show got REALLY interesting once they announced it was done.
Makes me wonder if it's the show's demise that makes them put out the good stuff sooner than later, because they know its the last time they'll have an opportunity to air.

Looking forward to viewing the final eps.

I don't think so. He mentioned in interviews that he actually had several years mapped out with the longer story arcs. But maybe compressing them made them better. I'd like to think not, just because I liked a lot of the set pieces (dialog-wise) the last bit.

LOL @ Alpha the lolcat: It spoke to the schizophrenic in me. Both of them, ackshully.

Still catching up via DVR. Watched "A Love Supreme" the other day - really good, probably the best ep ever. This morning was "Stop-Loss" - ok, but not on the same level.

Makes me wonder if it's the show's demise that makes them put out the good stuff sooner than later, because they know its the last time they'll have an opportunity to air.

Looking forward to viewing the final eps.

woohoo!...i'll tell my sister you said that, thanks...she's working on the show Spartacus over on STARZ now if anyone cares...

i really liked the last episode, but you're right about it feeling rushed...

I know I'm in the minority, but I thought the show was pretty good right from the start. There was clearly development from week to week, but it was subtle.

I can't help but feel that the lack of more immediate progress killed this show as far as ratings go. Frankly, I liked the slower pace. We really got to know the characters and see their development over time. It's one of Whedon's strengths as a storyteller IMHO.

There are tons of shows that give us instant gratification. I was hoping this one would be there for the long haul.

Oh well. If anything, I hope Whedon finally leaves Fox. They clearly don't want or know what to do with his shows. Perhaps he can find a good home at SyFy or even strike out on his own via the Internet.

I have to admit that the last episode had something about it that I didn't like either -- not sure it was "rushed", but not sure it wasn't, neither. It did have some (but not all) of the low-budget-ness of Epitaph 1. And it tried too hard to tie up too many loose ends. Didn't need to go the other direction, but they could have left off some of them. IMHO, the show ended with the previous episode.

I agree with Thrice that Whedon's pacing is better when he's in for the long haul. Some of the developments over the last several episodes did seem rushed, like he was trying to squeeze an entire season's story arc in 4 shows.

That said, I think one of the weaknesses of the show, overall, was the fact that many of the main characters weren't supposed to have a personality, sort of. I.E. Echo. That's just hamstringing yourself from the get-go.

What the hell were Topher and Adelle doing there, anyway? Didn't we last leave them at the Dollhouse, at the end of Epitaph 1? Also: I liked the way they brought in Alpha without a backstory. Also: did I miss what happened to Amy Acker's body in the finale? It should still have been there based on Epitaph 1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

http://www.tvline.com/2011/06/tvline-items-eliza-dushku-white-collar-halleberry/

TVLine Items: White Collar Nabs Dushku, Halle Berry Eyes TV Series, and More News to Know

Megan Masters

Eliza Dushku will be getting a certain charming con man hot under the collar on USA Network’s White Collar this summer.

The Buffy/Dollhouse darling will guest star on the ninth episode of dramedy’s third season (premiering Tuesday, June 7), The Hollywood Reporter confirms, playing — shocker! — someone “very sexy” working for Matthew Keller (Ross McCall). Dushku’s character will also — gasp! – engage in a little fling with Neal (Matt Bomer).