Joss Whedon's Dollhouse

n_maher

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I felt the third ep was crappy compared to the second. The second episode felt like the beginning of an explanation of "Dollhouse", whereas the third episode just felt like another day in the life of Dollhouse. I don't know if that was understandable at all, lol.

I suppose you could say I felt the third episode was like a filler.

I prefer organic dissemination of information, rather than exposition. I want them to let the details about how and what the dollhouse is to come out over time.

Of course over time, but I feel a little every ep is needed. Maybe I should rewatch episode 3, but from what I remember, it didn't tell us anything new.

Of course over time, but I feel a little every ep is needed. Maybe I should rewatch episode 3, but from what I remember, it didn't tell us anything new.
I don't know if we knew that things slipped both ways, though, did we? ("Friends help friends" went from the blank slate to the program state this time, and the salute went from the program to the blank slate in ep 2.)

Or maybe the point was just that it's getting worse.

I don't know -- maybe I should stop trying to be an apologist, and just say that I am enjoying the show as is, unapologetically.

• 3 weeks later...

Holy shit on this week's episode -- I anticipate something major.

Do not look at the spoiler below until after you watch this week's episode, but I put this here so that I can say I told you so later (and I'm going to put some space in for the email guys, so email guys -- don't read this!)

Anyone know when they put the hulu video up? Some time on Saturday, presumably, but what time?

SPOILER!

Amy Acker's character gets killed -- I anticipate that this was destined from the fact that she's a "guest star", and not a part of the regular ensemble, and then confirmed it with her IMDB profile -- this is the last episode in which she's credited as appearing. And don't go googling, unless you want to run into even more spoilers -- I already accidentally found out who the actor is who's going to play Alpha.

:(

Newest episode defo the strongest so far. Like everyone else who got the gist by half way through episode one, I'm waiting for the inevitable free-agent who gets bonus skills via the personality imprint process.

You fundamentally cannot have a show where the main character changes every episode, it wont carry. Not unless you make the focus on every character with no core and thats a tactic which Burn After Reading proved makes for a massively dissapointing experience which tries to look more complicated than it is.