4 pin xlr cable, one ground wire?

Guest troymadison

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What if the amp I have makes me think that the K1000 sounds perfectly fine? Why would I waste another $1000 on an amp to fix something that isn't even broken?

If you're happy where you're at that's fine. But don't expect those that have heard them out of what they consider to be better sounding rigs to agree that you're getting the most out of them.

I do kind of agree w/ Dan though that having redundant, very expensive headphones while the rest of your rig remains pretty budget conscious (or appears to from where I sit) seems a bit unbalanced.

If you're happy where you're at that's fine. But don't expect those that have heard them out of what they consider to be better sounding rigs to agree that you're getting the most out of them.

I do kind of agree w/ Dan though that having redundant, very expensive headphones while the rest of your rig remains pretty budget conscious (or appears to from where I sit) seems a bit unbalanced retarded.

fify

Guest troymadison
oh, big joe power amp. I have no idea what that is. Maybe it sounds good?

Google tells me my initial reaction is probably correct :)

Please don't troll me :(

Guest troymadison
I'm not trolling you. I have 0 faith that amp will get in the ballpark of what the K1000s need.

Heh, okay then let me borrow a nice k1000 amp and I'll demo it.

Guest troymadison
When the k1000 was $400, it + a t-amp was a great mid-budget rig. At $1600, you're on crack. The same $1600 could get you a speaker rig and a headphone rig that would BOTH own it.

Okay, I've tried these headphones: HD580, HD650, K701, K601, K501, K500, SR225, F1, AHD2000, 250OHM DT770, 80OHM DT770, QP250, QP55x, QP45x, KSC75 and the PortaPro. None of these headphones were as good as my K1000 in my setup. The ones I've sold I wasn't impressed much with them.

k701, k501, hd580, hd650, sr225 can all sound better with the right amp than k1000s with the wrong amp.

Given $3400 to play with ( 2 pairs of K1000s + big joe amp), I could put together a spectacular headphone rig AND a spectacular speaker rig.

Guest troymadison
k701, k501, hd580, hd650, sr225 can all sound better with the right amp than k1000s with the wrong amp.

I'm not taking your word for it though. My second favorite headphone is the QP250 which isn't much at all popular but I like it significantly more than the ones you just mentioned.

I'm not taking your word for it though.
Okay, there's the problem right there. No-one's going to take your word for anything, because although you may have tried those headphones, you haven't really given them a chance.
Is it getting popcorn time?
Yes, it is you can be having popcorn time.

Guest troymadison
Okay, there's the problem right there. No-one's going to take your word for anything, because although you may have tried those headphones, you haven't really given them a chance.Yes, it is you can be having popcorn time.

Uh, yeah, I don't know what to say, I guess I'll continue to enjoy what I have.

Okay, I've tried these headphones: HD580, HD650, K701, K601, K501, K500, SR225, F1, AHD2000, 250OHM DT770, 80OHM DT770, QP250, QP55x, QP45x, KSC75 and the PortaPro. None of these headphones were as good as my K1000 in my setup. The ones I've sold I wasn't impressed much with them.

So given your current set-up I am assuming you used a Boosteroo for those?

Guest troymadison
So given your current set-up I am assuming you used a Boosteroo for those?

If you want to know, I guess you could look at my profile.