Finished My New Site; What Do You Think??

Contrastique

I sort of just finished it. Got tired of my old one and got really tired of all the scrolling so started working on a new one.

What do you think? Is it better than the previous one?

I'm still going to work on it to personalize it a little more as it's a little stiff for me but it's nice to hear some opinions on the usage / interface and the like. Maybe even ideas on things that might be missing....

Thanx in advance :)

www.contrastique.com

Hi Indra, love the look of your site and your pictures. The only thing that bothers me is that while the information is in English, the labels on the navigation bar are in French. Did you want it to be like this? For me, it's no problem. For a lot of English speakers, I think that it will be.

BTW, did you build the site by hand, or did you use a web building tool?

Really nice site! I haven't seen your old one but this one is pretty easy to navigate. I've been taking French classes for over 5 years so I can kind of read your sidebar; however, I have a great suggestion for you.

What you can do is keep the sidebar in French, but once you hover the mouse over it, the words will change into English. Once you move the mouse away, it will change back to French. This way, I think you can retain the French feel while providing English speakers with a nice translation. :D

Thanx for the comments everyone :D

About the french part; it's there on purpose (well of course ;) ) coz I really love France and the language. I kept the rest in english to keep it readable for all sorts of nations and the french is not that difficult to understand the english meaning, I thought...

Simple Viewer is really a nice piece of software. It can indeed be used as a plug-in for PS and it works really simple = Plug in, set a source folder, set an output folder and there it goes.

Luckily I found a way to implement it in RapidWeaver which I used to build the site, so no, I didn't built it from scratch.

My HTML knowledge is very low. Actually this is the first project I ever used self written HTML with. It's pretty cool though and I'm gonna try to learn how to make more stuff with that. So this site will change again as soon as I have found out more about it.

Thanx again!

Ow Nate, didn't the previous one work with FireFox?? I used FF sometimes and never ran across any problems..

The base site worked (I could get in, read text, etc) but if I went into any of the galleries I couldn't see any of the pictures.

Hmmm, weird...I heard of at least 2 other people who indeed suffered from the same. Never put much thought in it really but I'm glad it works for all browsers now.