The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

I was really hoping there would be updates to the big cameras as I have been contemplating replacing the 5D and 1Ds with some new toys. Not all that interested in the lens updates either.

I still think they might be coming -there's still the Canon Expo next week as well as Photokinia (or whatever it is called) near end of September.

I still think they might be coming -there's still the Canon Expo next week as well as Photokinia (or whatever it is called) near end of September.

That's right. I just signed up for an expo pass so I can check out the gear myself.

That's awesome, Beefy. Is that a board w/ nails sticking out on the floor in front of the performer?

Thanks! It sure is nails. She had a cinder block smashed on her stomach while lying on it......

nails.jpg

Pretty bloody hard getting good exposure though, considering the horrible, horrible lighting.

I handled it briefly at the Canon photo workshop up in Maine last weekend (I had brought my 50D so I didn't borrow it) and I really liked the size of the viewfinder (noticeably larger than 50D) along with its 100% field of view. I didn't see this personally, but high ISO performance is also supposed to be much better than 50D. I could care less about its video function, but coming from 50D, the viewfinder was really nice.

What would you be trading for 7D?

Edited by Salt Peanuts

I handled it briefly at the Canon photo workshop up in Maine last weekend (I had brought my 50D so I didn't borrow it) and I really liked the size of the viewfinder (noticeably larger than 50D) along with its 100% field of view. I didn't see this personally, but high ISO performance is also supposed to be much better than 50D. I could care less about its video function, but coming from 50D, the viewfinder was really nice.

What would you be trading for 7D?

I am selling the 35L as I like the lens but it is not one that I see myself using enough to keep. I was hoping to sell it and get more lenses instead of a body as I am waiting for the 5D mkIII before I upgrade my bodies at this point. I am intrigued by the 7D plus cash offer as it could replace the 50D as my crop camera.

Any of you guys have any experience with the Canon 7D. I have someone offering one in trade but I have not had any experience with the model. Anyone with any experience using this one?

I have one for work. It really is a great camera (in the context of my limited exposure to other cameras) and if it was a Nikon I would purchase one for my self. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that it doesn't have auto-focus for video.