The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

iPhone102.jpg

Snapped this while out for a walk about 2 hours ago with my 3G iPhone.

Had Anathema playing on my Zune w/ my Atrios.

Demon Dragon flying south.

Better duck and cover California.

I like that. It just needs to be cropped and de-noised. It's pretty nice what phones can do these days. Who needs a P&S anymore?

I've a $20 Nikon F to Canon EF adaptor I bought on eBay (Fotodiox) that I use on Nikon Series E 75-150mm f/3.5. It works well enough for my use, though there is a small amount of play between the lens and the mount adaptor. It's bit of a pain to remove the adaptor from the lens, so if I had multiple Nikon lenses, I'd get an adaptor for each lens and leave it on. This, of course, would make it unusable with a Nkon body.

BTW, what Canon body did you get?

EDIT - Here's a post by Knuckledragger on the subject.

http://www.head-case.org/forums/miscellaneous/4047-official-head-case-photography-thread-19.html#post342430

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Well, you have another choice now, as the 60D specs are official.

18 MP APS-C CMOS sensor

Advanced creative features with Basic +

Vari-angle 7.7cm (3.0”) 3:2 ratio LCD

Full HD movies with manual control

DIGIC 4

ISO 100-6400, H:12800

5.3fps shooting for up to 58 JPEGs

9-point cross type AF System

iFCL metering with 63-zone Dual-layer Sensor

Integrated Speedlite transmitter

In-camera RAW processing

It probably has faster and smarter AF than the T2i but only a marginal upgrade, all in all. It should also be able to do usable 3200 ISO easily and maybe even 6400. I'd rather have a 3.5" screen than a swivel. It's also all plastic. TBH, it's a little disappointing.

It would be worth the upgrade if it was the same price or $100 more than the T2i but it'll probably be $1100, I'm guessing.

The retail for 60D will be $1099.

Looking at the spec, it appears that 60D isn't really a successor to 50D, but more as something for those who wanted HD video but not T2i (and to compete with other company's video capable models). Then again, 7D probably was the real successor to 50D. I agree about the plastic body, but I think Canon's trying to position it as uber-Rebel more than traditional xxD model (it even uses SD instead of CF now).

It probably will sell enough - it does look to have better ergonomics than the Rebel series, along with the 2nd wheel with simpler/dumbed-down controls. It's just not what current xxD owners were expecting/hoping.

I think those with 40D/50D who were planning on upgrading before the announcement, will now probably go straight to 7D or 5DII.