The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

So there's a lot of rumors running around about an update to one of the inexpensive primes (either 35mm 1.8 or 50mm 1.4) in September/October. I'd wait for that if you're using a Canon body.

Also Viveza 2 came out recently and I gave it a try. It's very handy and quick to add dynamic contrast/color saturation.

Some photos of Pikes Peak taken from above Woodland Park on the Rampart Range Road. The first is my new desktop background, which I though was cool because the peak had a halo cloud going around it.

pikespeakclouds.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pikespeakclouds.jpg

pikespeakfield.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pikespeakfield.jpg

Photo taken at Elitch Gardens amusement park, with my son on the ride:

amusementpark.jpg

So there's a lot of rumors running around about an update to one of the inexpensive primes (either 35mm 1.8 or 50mm 1.4) in September/October. I'd wait for that if you're using a Canon body.

I'm not buying a new lens anytime soon, except perhaps a nifty fifty. Unless, of course, the rumored new 35mm actually comes out and is head and shoulders better than the 35mm f/2 (and keep the same cost or be cheaper, like the Nikon 35mm f/1.8).

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Also Viveza 2 came out recently and I gave it a try. It's very handy and quick to add dynamic contrast/color saturation.

ooh, new cheap prime. i guess i should hold off buying any lenses for now

I think it will be around the same cost and much better since the 35mm f/2 is so old. I doubt it'll be in the same range as the the Nikon, though. Unless, like the Nikon, it's APS-C only (EF-S).

For my use, I've got no problem with 35mm f/2's performance (though a quiet USM focusing would be a plus). As for age, they're all old - the last non-macro or non-L prime was released in '95.

ooh, new cheap prime. i guess i should hold off buying any lenses for now

It still won't be cheap enough, methinks (probably in $400 and up range).