DC/Baltimore Meet - 8/2/08 (TV-MA DSL, Parents Strongly Cautioned)

NightWoundsTime

iems are subject to burn-in? i thought the general consensus was that they aren't. i guess it makes sense if my assumption holds water that iem drivers are stationary or probably better put don't flex like most other drivers.

All I can tell you is what I hear,whether its the cable ,drivers or a combination of both.Others with UE11s also have posted about burn in on HF.

I let my ears be the deciding factor mental or not.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to some of the other members, I was introduced to my first Belgian Blonde at the Brickskellers in DC on Friday night and she was quite attractive, and oddly potent. Dan explained the reasons why...it has something to do with how many times she has been around the block :o

Anyway, now that's all I long for. I was in a nice pub in Williamsport, PA (don't ask) yesterday, and I experimented with my a Blue Moon Belgian Wheat and she was riding the pole (tap) and she was so good, I had to leave a tip.

Very nice!

Finally, here are my photos and impressions from the meet. It was great to see everybody at the meet and to meet many new HC'ers. As you can see from my photos, I'm more interested in the people than the equipment, though I listened to quite a few set ups. Being typical meet conditions, i.e. lots of ambient noise, I won't try to be very specific on my impressions and you all should definitely take them with a grain of salt as your mileage will probably vary.

The meet was dominated by electrostatic setups. All sounded very nice to me. Saturday evening after the meet I was able to compare O2 Mk I and O2 MkII headphones being driven by Justin's BHSE prototype. Both were great but I preferred the MkI phones. I can't describe why but I definitely preferred them.

I spent some time comparing the UE-10 and UE-11 universal IEMs. Again, both were very good. I found the treble on the UE-10 to be recessed volume wise. This is strange as the bass on the UE-11 are more pronounced, yet I found them to be more balanced than the UE-10. If I had to choose one over the other, I would choose the UE-11. Fortunately for me, I only use IEMs on planes and my UM-2 does the trick.

Lastly, about the only piece of equipment I didn't really like was Dreadhead's modified D5000. The timbre was good, must better than stock. However, there was no PRAT. These headphones were ploddingly slow. I couldn't live with them.

Everything about the meet including the social activities were well planned and run. I'd like to thank Dan (Grawk) for all his work in pulling this off. I had a great time.