DC/Baltimore Meet - 8/2/08 (TV-MA DSL, Parents Strongly Cautioned)

NightWoundsTime

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I came to the meet in my black-on-black Katatonia T-shirt (it basically looks like this one, only in black, and on the back, it says, "I'll stop wearing black when they come out with something darker"). Dan was going around taking pictures, and he said that he thought I should be wearing my "dusty special" black-on-black head-case T-shirt, so I put one on over top.

So, at that point, I was basically wearing black-on-black on black-on-black. I had out-black-on-blacked myself.

dc-7.JPG

Why are these members hovering over me. They were messing up the left side of my soundstage.

If they were waiting to hear Hirsch's setup, they should have just tapped me on the shoulder, like Vicki did when I was saturated in Juan's Burmey setup. and said, "Aaron...you have to share!" ;D

Boy, did she bring me back down to planet earth. Buzz-Kill, but deservedly so.

*EDIT* - Wait a dog-gone minute. This was when I was listening to Scompton's Stax Gamma headphones (which were very good for the money and the vintage, BTW)

Why are these members hovering over me. They were messing up the left side of my soundstage.

If they were waiting to hear Hirsch's setup, they should have just tapped me on the shoulder, like Vicki did when I was saturated in Juan's Burmey setup. and said, "Aaron...you have to share!" ;D

Boy, did she bring me back down to planet earth. Buzz-Kill, but deservedly so.

*EDIT* - Wait a dog-gone minute. This was when I was listening to Scompton's Stax Gamma headphones (which were very good for the money and the vintage, BTW)

It was a pleasure meeting you aaron.

There are several R10's living in the area. I've got two of them (one SE, one balanced) but they do have a different driver than Stevio's, which leads to bigger image but less bass response. I like the higher resolution of the "bass light" version myself. I had a pair of the heavier bass R10's, but the staging felt compressed and I didn't enjoy them as much, so they got sold.

Well come on down to Old Town and we can have a nano-meet. I really would love to hear those phones with the GS-X and DAC3 combo.

My only issue with the UE11 was that I thought they crossed the line for me in terms of too much bass. I just don't know how much of that was related to the fit issues I had with the universal.

I felt that way about the universals as well at Canjam ,I picked the UE11s over the UE10s,with reservations.

After the secound set of impressions I finally got a good fit on the UE11s.

When I first recieved them bass did seem a little overpowering,bloated ,after some burn in the bass fell in line.

On some songs you may still get that,but that will be due to the recording.

The bass on the the Ue11s are powerfull & well defined & very tight.

I don't know how they stuffed a subwoofer in the earpieces but they did.

I have a hard time taking them out of my ears once I start listening to them.

I am very impressed with the UE11s to say the least,all my other Iems sit unused since I got them.

i am just skeptical -- as it isn't easy to isolate whether it is solely components or the mind or a combination of both that brings about such supposed audible change. i didn't even think about the wires, yet my experience with RCA listening demonstrates that different cables can sound different. though, as of yet i haven't experienced or even really attempted to hear if my cables change during the "burn-in" period. i can only say that most drivers, cartridges and a few digital sources have changed for the better, from minor to noticeable, during the break-in period.

Maybe its a question of warm-up, rather than burn-in. Too bad its not a question of start-up, or there would be too many people shilling jumper cables :palm:

Amps do need to warm up and same goes for sources but headphones at these power levels?? I know it is a common misconception with RSA customers but that's not surprising... :rolleyes: