New Metallica album dated

humanflyz

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard it (St. Anger) in a store without knowing what it was, and didn't mind it as much as other people did. It is not -- contrary to popular belief -- universally despised. Just mostly so. I actually believe that Load and Another Load* were worse, music-wise.

I'd love to hear what Luis could do with it. Now that would be a test of his ...erm... mettle.

*as in "dropping"

Edited by Dusty Chalk

How could you guys not care? I am very fascinated to see if they can make an even more awful album than what they've been doing for almost the last 20 years. The decline has been steady and linear, so I can't even imagine what this will sound like. How does Lars top the trash-can sound? By beating rocks together? And will they coin an even more moronic lyric than "frantic-tic-tock", which is might as well have been the heavy version of "mmmmbop"?

See how much we have to look forward to? :rolleyes:

If nothing else, the release of a nu Metallica album is at least a chance to laugh your butt off for a few minutes solid.

How could you guys not care? I am very fascinated to see if they can make an even more awful album than what they've been doing for almost the last 20 years. The decline has been steady and linear, so I can't even imagine what this will sound like. How does Lars top the trash-can sound? By beating rocks together? And will they coin an even more moronic lyric than "frantic-tic-tock", which is might as well have been the heavy version of "mmmmbop"?

See how much we have to look forward to? :rolleyes:

If nothing else, the release of a nu Metallica album is at least a chance to laugh your butt off for a few minutes solid.

Decline from a very low starting bar height

Lars... greatest drummer evah :palm:

From my Gmail:

Acoustic Sounds New Arrivals

August 6, 2008

More Great Records

Can you believe these titles? And mastered by Kevin Grey at AcousTech?

We know how long you've waited for Moondance. Well, we hope these additional titles will have made your wait worthwhile.

Metallica - Death Magnetic - 45 RPM Vinyl LP

Warner Brothers LPs

Metallica

Death Magnetic (Deluxe Edition)

AWAR 512119 - $114.98 (5 LPs)

(45 RPM - 180 gram)

:eek:

• 3 weeks later...

The new single isn't completely awful musically, but it may be the new hotness reference, at least the download I've got. Really want to know the source for this, because it's just a massive wall of digital clipping.

Replaygain regards it as 13.75 dB over its reference, peak at 1.12. The thing is it sounds good for the much quieter first half and then becomes unlistenable. I'd like to comment on the guitar solo, but just can't.