Fringe

en480c4

• 1 month later...

My interest kind of flamed out after the first few episodes. Walter's entertaining, Blondey's hot, and hey, it's Pacey. But the group seems to have no chemistry together, Mr. Jackson apparently can't act for shit away from 'The Creek' and it's lots of build-up with no real pay-off. :shrug: I'll probably catch up with it at some point, though.

My interest kind of flamed out after the first few episodes. Walter's entertaining, Blondey's hot, and hey, it's Pacey. But the group seems to have no chemistry together, Mr. Jackson apparently can't act for shit away from 'The Creek' and it's lots of build-up with no real pay-off. :shrug: I'll probably catch up with it at some point, though.

The acting and group cohesion has certainly gotten better. It's not a perfect show by any means but few are early on.

The acting and group cohesion has certainly gotten better. It's not a perfect show by any means but few are early on.

That's good to hear. And I know shows take a while to gel, which is why I haven't written it off completely. I've fallen behind so much on TV shows since getting rid of the DVR, I'm missing lots of stuff I really like, meaning there's definitely not time for stuff I'm on the fence about.

That's good to hear. And I know shows take a while to gel, which is why I haven't written it off completely. I've fallen behind so much on TV shows since getting rid of the DVR, I'm missing lots of stuff I really like, meaning there's definitely not time for stuff I'm on the fence about.

I think you need an introduction to bittorrent ;)

I fucking hated the fake science. I mean, if

she was in his mind

, how come she didn't know

his ulterior motive

? And the altered states stuff was just too much.

I did like what they did with the location titles, although I was having flashbacks to Superbowls.

I do heart Anna Torv, also, and John Noble was amazing -- he didn't "play" loose cannon, he just played his character, which happened to be a loose cannon.

So -- wish I could like it more, but the pseudo-science was a big turn-off.

she was in his mind

his ulterior motive

I did like what they did with the location titles, although I was having flashbacks to Superbowls.

I do heart Anna Torv, also, and John Noble was amazing -- he didn't "play" loose cannon, he just played his character, which happened to be a loose cannon.

I like the things you don't like, and don't like the things you like :)

(except the characters, which I mostly like)

Just caught the first episode, and while it does seem a little rough around the edges, it has potential.

IMO the first episode is actually the worst one, they tried to rush everything together too quickly and it didn't work well at all. So far it seems to be getting consistently better with each new episode.

she was in his mind

his ulterior motive

Yeah, the pseudo-science does bother me a bit, but it's because it's not really consistent.

...or things like when Anna Torv interrogates the guy in the first episode to find out

which chemicals he used, he says "no" once and that's enough to make her walk out all pissed

wow, really? or afterwards when

he magically creates an "antidote" off the top of his head just because he knew what chemicals the original guy used