Audio Technica ATH-A2000X

Fungi

Agh! Just when I thought I was done. Based on my experiences with current production headphones I feel that AT has come through for me the most (Though I bow to Stax as the #1 in production headphone company right now) followed by a close tie between Sennheiser/AKG. Therefore I have high hopes.

PRM is premium, and who was going to demo those? I did see one impression today on 2ch that said the ESW10 had less bass than the ESW9, more high extension, and extremely good midrange, as good as other full size cans in that price range. Big step up from ESW9 and aside from the smaller soundstage from the small housing, he says it sounds really good.

PRM is premium, and who was going to demo those? I did see one impression today on 2ch that said the ESW10 had less bass than the ESW9, more high extension, and extremely good midrange, as good as other full size cans in that price range. Big step up from ESW9 and aside from the smaller soundstage from the small housing, he says it sounds really good.

Where was this from? I'd like to read it, if you don't mind. :)

These headphones, being not-limited production headphones, will only go down in price, as per tradition. The L3000, being limited production headphones in demand, will only go up in price. Hope that makes your decision easier :cool:

Yes, that makes it waaaaay more easier to decide. It took me a few minutes to realize that these are gonna be a part of ATs permanent lineup. ;D

Well, the L3000 is probably better anyway... :P

• 8 months later...

I'm still very curious about the A2000X (I do like my A2000). I really want to get a "better" circumaural closed can for those time the TV is on in the house (better overall than A900LTD, less boomy that Denon D2000, more body that K271). I have seen good and bad reviews on it. Does anyone here own (or has heard) one? I am thinking of this and the W5000 which are fairly close in price (was interested in the D7000 but think it will still be too boomy).

I was thinking that ("take one for the team") and may do unless someone tells me something like "they're horrible, stay away, I would rather.... " :P

As for the fit of W5000, I would definitely have to do some bending of the wires since they were pretty loose on me when I have tried them. This is one reason that I have been avoiding them.

The W5000's fit weird on a lot of people -- tread carefully. I think you should get the A2000X and report back to us how it sounds.