my 32 dollar headamp kits

minivan

Which one is your kit, which one's the commercial product? I can't tell a damn thing from the pictures and I doubt anyone else can either.

I need good quality pictures of the circuit boards, and label them so I know what I'm supposed to be looking at.

the kits i built is the last pic on my first post

more info about the amp is here

Rock Grotto Audio Forum - Jaycar Headphone Amp Kit

Yeah WTF?!?! Similarities as in there are caps, resistors and opamps used in both or the design as a whole?

Not only that, but when you A/B them, the same music comes out of each. If that isn't a dead giveaway that one is a clone of the other, I don't know what is.

I see some vague similarities and that's about it. The layout isn't the same, the parts aren't the same, and the boards sure as hell ain't either. I remain unconvinced of any cloning between the two.

Tell you what, trace out the circuit on both amps and we'll talk. Until then I'm going to file this in the tinfoil loony bin.

The last photo shows a Jaycar DIY board. Jaycar are an Australian hobbyist chain with various stores in the south pacific region similar to Radioshack. There's a store of their's just down the road from home. Pretty much all of Jaycar's designs come from Silicon Chip magazine and a quick google indicates this one does too. They have a good reputation and I'd be very surprised if they were copying the designs of others. The price is very cheap and I'd actually been tempted to build that kit myself to see what it's like although with a few mods and part substitutions.

I don't really see any similarities to the Beyerdynamic amp other than that they're both op-amp based circuits. Certainly the parts and layout aren't similar at all as others have said. I'm no expert by any means and can see some vague similarities in the circuit around the opamps, but I would think that's to be expected and no indication of anything sinister.