What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dream Theater - Black Clouds And Silver Linings (2 leaked tracks)

Unfortunately, it sucks ass like their last 3 albums. James Labrie's voice is not even the shadow of what it once was and the vocal melodies are uninspired at best. The instrumentals are just mindless wanking once again and the songwriting is piss poor like on Systematic Chaos. I can't believe they are the same guys (except for the keyboardist) that wrote classics like Images & Words and Awake. I've stopped being a fan after the release of Octavarium and decided to stop seeing them live after the Systematic Chaos tour, but now I'm officially handing my resignation letter. :(

cover_04201332009.jpg

dream theater was always mindless wanking, as far as i'm concerned.

Yeah, maybe, but previously it was "controlled" mindless wanking and only for short amounts of time. Now it's just uninspired mindless wanking taking half of the song. Their older albums had more of a 80s melodic metal feeling, nowadays it seems like they get their inspiration from crappy nu-metal bands and other bands that I don't enjoy like Muse.

Lacuna Coil - Shallow Life

2jdmfrk.jpg

Is it as good as Unleashed Memories, or Comalies? No. Does it deserve the venom being spewed upon it by Lacuna Coil "fans"? Not at all. Sure, it's an obvious effort towards mainstream success, but that's not always a bad thing.