What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

OK DC no more pics like that one, sorry if you didn't find it entertaining. I obviously misinterpreted "weird ass shit".

Voltron: You think you know me well enough to call me a "failure" on the basis of two posts? You don't, but the fact that you think you do and feel entitled to pass judgment is intriguing. How old are you?

Anyway, I'm genuinely sorry if I walked on toes here. All I can say it that I did read the "welcome" PM. I've lurked and surfed around here for awhile. People have posted a huge range of different music in this thread, just trying to add something constructive to that. And I actually searched the FAQs for "inappropriate" before posting the pic. Based on the kind of humor I thought I detected here, I concluded it would be received in the spirit it was posted. As a joke. Guess not, I stand corrected...

I actually said you achieved failure, not that you were a failure, but thanks for reinforcing my initial impression of you with your whiny response to me. :palm: Again, I gave you points in my book for making your first post in the Listening thread, but if you and your thin skin do stick around, post stupid pictures that you think are weird ass and edgy in the Slow Forum thread, not here.

Now playing for this judgmental would-be adolescent:

Horace Silver Quintet -- Finger Poppin'

41SB5KN4HPL._SS400_.jpg

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horace Silver Quintet -- Silver's Serenade

780434_500x500.jpg

Hey, HowdyDoody, this one was recorded when I was 6 weeks old. ;)

I was just shy of 5 yrs. Yep I'm 51 even though I sometimes post immature pictures. ;D

Nice session BTW, one of my faves by Horace. Hard to choose just one, but if I had to it would be Cape Verdean Blues with the line-up expanded to include J.J. Johnson on trombone..

I was just shy of 5 yrs. Yep I'm 51 even though I sometimes post immature pictures. ;D

Nice session BTW, one of my faves by Horace. Hard to choose just one, but if I had to it would be Cape Verdean Blues with the line-up expanded to include J.J. Johnson on trombone..

I don't own this one, so that is why I chose it on Rhapsody. I have CVB on 45RPM vinyl and it is fabulous. JJ is one of my all-time favorites on most anything.

And what is it? :(

Bjork -- Volta

In memorium:

Michael Jackson -- Thriller

1273136_500x500.jpg

Regina Spektor - Far

1700489_500x500.jpg

Upon careful listening I think I'm hearing just a touch of distortion in the L channel on some songs but I'm doing my best to just ignore it. Sounds pretty damn good on Mr. Menace, that's for sure.

Mine showed up this afternoon. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Regina Spektor - Far

Upon careful listening I think I'm hearing just a touch of distortion in the L channel on some songs but I'm doing my best to just ignore it. Sounds pretty damn good on Mr. Menace, that's for sure.

I just caught some distortion at the beginning of track 3. Just for a split second, though. It was in the left channel, too.

Maazel was fine, moving on to Jarvi's Berlioz (Symphonie Fantastique). I'm beginning to think the clicks might be specific to some players, so maybe one should mention what player they're using when they hear the clicks. And if any of them are repeatable, state the specifics.

Here's my Telarc collection (or a subset):

SACD-60578 Jarvi Berlioz

SACD-60598 LAGQ Guitar Heroes

SACD-60601 Jarvi Ravel

SACD-60615 Jarvi Stravinsky/Nielsen

SACD-60623 van Alphen Grieg Dvorak Elgar

SACD-60624 Mozart Flute Concertos/"Jupiter" Symphony

2SACD-60628 Mahler Lieder/Symphony No. 1 Zander

SACD-60636 Runnicles Mozart Requiem

SACD-60647 LAGQ Spin

SACD-60655 Slatkin Bizet/Grieg/Rimsky-Korsakov/Satie/Borodin

SACD-60670 Jarvi Rach Symph. No. 2/Dances...

SACD-60681 Jarvi Tchaikovsky

SACD-63558 Hiromi Another Mind (+ everything else she's done)

SACD-63576 McCoy Tyner - Land of Giants

CD-83469-SA Monty Alexander - Stir It Up

+ the ones I've listened to recently.