What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

But they're also different in many ways...
Yeah, I doubt you'll find anyone influenced by Pink Floyd, and not "...also different in many ways..."

And my point about worse influences -- I really like early Genesis, so when I heard Fish-era Marillion, it's like they had picked up right where early Genesis had left off. And when you get to be my age, you get tired of listening to the same albums over and over again, so even if you want something like that, you still want it to be not that. "Makes me feel the same" is a good way to say it.

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been trying to find all the direct and indirect musical offsprings of Pink Floyd. Started out with prog and some other kinds of rock, moved to various kinds of metal, now trying electronic stuff.

Not gonna lie, some of this stuff scares me. Not that album, but subgenres like darkpsy and full on psytrance. I'm afraid I might actually start becoming insane. Maybe insane enough to even start listening to krautrock.:kitty:

Have you ever listened to German progressive rock band Eloy? They sound like WYWH/Animals-era Pink Floyd with a "spacier" sound and a weird German accent. :P Check out 'Oceans' or 'Silent Cries and Mighty Echoes', I bet you'll like them.