What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether they're approved by true metalheads is another matter. Personally, I gave them a fair chance and I thought they were horrible, they lacked good melodies and the vocals were anything but memorable. But I'm known to like metal with high-pitched singers, melodic guitar riffs and cheesy lyrics.

I'm with GPH on Mastodon -- they did nothing for me.

Sorry if that lowers GPH's cool quotient.

I have somewhere down around #487 on my list of things to do before I die to give them another chance.

Me: Listened to the entirety of Feed To Feed. Fuckgoddamnyeah. I cannot think of a better way to spend 3-4 hours. Oh, wait, yes I can. But it's up there.

Also forgot: really dig Throes of Dawn. RIYL more recent Katatonia, more recent Amorphis, any Blue Oyster Cult.

shrinecd.jpg

Shrinebuilder

I've always listened to heavier music but kind of got away from the metal scene a few years back. Recently though a couple of guys at work introduced me to some sludge, doom and stoner rock that I've been really impressed with and I've been on a mission exploring. Shrinebuilder is a real gem that's been getting almost daily ear time. That and some Isis, I don't usually go for the growly vocals but Isis has a blend of clean and somewhat unique growl that grabbed me.

I'm betting GPH will like Shrinebuilder.

Whether they're approved by true metalheads is another matter. Personally, I gave them a fair chance and I thought they were horrible, they lacked good melodies and the vocals were anything but memorable. But I'm known to like metal with high-pitched singers, melodic guitar riffs and cheesy lyrics.

You're probably right. I'm not a metalhead at all and when I listen to metal, its usually very catchy easy listening metal :P