What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Filter record, The Trouble with Angels -- dude's been listening to a lot of Porcupine Tree or something. There's some nice unorthodox rhythms and/or time signatures, some nice epic pieces, almost shoegazery, there's one song that sounds like the beginning of Anesthetize...not a bad thing, melikey.

Well, shit. I hit 100,000 tracks played on last.fm sometime Saturday night.

Top artists, after 100K tracks:

1. The Knife (2,854)

2. All India Radio (2,788)

3. Biosphere (2,702)

4. Tom Waits (1,615)

5. L.S.G. (1,268)

6. Johnny Cash (965)

7. Ulrich Schnauss (855)

8. Aphex Twin (794)

9. Kyuss (776)

10. Boards of Canada (748)

11. Aspen (745)

12. Neutron 9000 (722)

13. Nor Elle (718)

14. Blackfish (712)

15. Peter Benisch (688)

16. Perfume Tree (675)

17. Vitalic (651)

18. Klute (645)

19. X-Dream (615)

20. Fever Ray (609)

Top albums, after 100K tracks:

1. The Knife

The Dick Dale does stand out a bit.

Me: In the car, I thought I was listening to the new Filter, but I just found out I wasn't. I have no idea what it is, but it sounds like Filter after he was listening to too much Porcupine Tree and/or solo Steven Wilson. I had something funny happen in my car -- about two weeks ago (just as it started getting really cool overnight) I accidentally left my iPod in the car, and it usually forgets where it is, and resets all my smart playlists (I set up my smart playlists as "...& (playcount == 0)" to force it to pick up where it left off)...but this time it didn't. So since it was cool, I left it, and it hasn't forgotten since. I'm afraid to touch it, the connection was kind of going out, and I'm afraid that if I lift it (it's face down in the glove compartment), I'll ruin the connection. So I'm going to have to figure out some other way to figure out what it is. Whatever it is, I really like it. First song is about 7 minutes long, and has this really cool syncopated bass line.

Me: In the car, I thought I was listening to the new Filter, but I just found out I wasn't. I have no idea what it is, but it sounds like Filter after he was listening to too much Porcupine Tree and/or solo Steven Wilson. I had something funny happen in my car -- about two weeks ago (just as it started getting really cool overnight) I accidentally left my iPod in the car, and it usually forgets where it is, and resets all my smart playlists (I set up my smart playlists as "...& (playcount == 0)" to force it to pick up where it left off)...but this time it didn't. So since it was cool, I left it, and it hasn't forgotten since. I'm afraid to touch it, the connection was kind of going out, and I'm afraid that if I lift it (it's face down in the glove compartment), I'll ruin the connection. So I'm going to have to figure out some other way to figure out what it is. Whatever it is, I really like it. First song is about 7 minutes long, and has this really cool syncopated bass line.
I caved and looked: Demians, Mute -- definitely a winner:

Here's to hoping I haven't screwed up "the streak".