What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the track Gone to Shiloh, but the rest of it does nothing for me. Seems mailed in.

I felt a very big "meh" while listening to the first half and then got tied up with work and missed the second half. I'll try again, but it didn't move me much.

Sounds like a consensus. Too bad, it sounded promising, and an interesting collaboration, for sure!

I had something funny happen in my car -- about two weeks ago (just as it started getting really cool overnight) I accidentally left my iPod in the car, and it usually forgets where it is, and resets all my smart playlists (I set up my smart playlists as "...& (playcount == 0)" to force it to pick up where it left off)...but this time it didn't. So since it was cool, I left it, and it hasn't forgotten since. I'm afraid to touch it, the connection was kind of going out, and I'm afraid that if I lift it (it's face down in the glove compartment), I'll ruin the connection.
I hit a bump today, and it finally went...including resetting itself. I'll have to go see later, see how far it got, but I'm pretty sure it was going on 300.

Classic 80's band, they put me in mind of Spandau Ballet. Very 80's. Always liked "Digging Your Scene", myself.

Me: Pure Reason Revolution, Hammer and Anvil -- my friend described this album as largely "Stabbing Nails Mode", and that isn't too far off the mark, although a bit of an over-pigeonhole-ization. They do still have some class PRR influence on a couple of tracks. But let's put it this way, if you didn't like the previous album, Amor Vincit Omnia, and "Stabbing Nails Mode" doesn't make you want to listen to it more, then I suspect you won't like it.

That said, I think I like it better than the second album -- it strikes me as being better blended than the second album, which had that back-and-forth thing going on. Although the second album still has a special place in my heart just for being so weird. So if they haven't completely lost you with the second album, then at least give this one a listen.

Edited by Dusty Chalk