What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

deepak, I just listened to years of refusal and think it's excellent. I hope it grows on you.

dreadhead: shuffling is for cowards. ;)

To be fair I only own Morrissey's first two solo albums. And The Smiths' work is what I am using as the benchmark, where I can best describe his writing as "razor sharp", whereas this album just feels soggy.

Gone are the witticisms that make you pause and go "damn son" :-\

FWIW, Something is Squeezing My Skull and Mama Lay Softly On the Riverbed are my favorite tracks on this album.

Edited by deepak

To be fair I only own Morrissey's first two solo albums. And The Smiths' work is what I am using as the benchmark, where I can best describe his writing as "razor sharp", whereas this album just feels soggy.

Gone are the witticisms that make you pause and go "damn son" :-\

FWIW, Something is Squeezing My Skull and Mama Lay Softly On the Riverbed are my favorite tracks on this album.

You should also own "You are the Quarry". Another classic. "Let Me Kiss You" is one of my all time favorite singles.

A few of the lines on the new album have made me smile, but I haven't listened thoroughly enough to know if his current witticisms match his past ones.

I'll be able to tell you after March 7th if he can still hack it live. :dance:

0724358156904.jpg

Eloy - Ocean

Haven't heard this in years! Pulled out my German first pressing CD and ripped that sucker :)

I really dig Eloy too, it works as a quick fix when I'm tired of classic Floyd albums. Lyrics make me cringe though, they rank pretty high on the cheese scale, but otherwise it's a great band. I love the following album too, Silent Cries and Mighty Echoes.