What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

s514292.jpg

Doctor Feelgood - Something To Take Up Time (1971)

I am at a loss, why is this band completely unknown?!?

This is very good progressive with strange effects, flute, sax and off beat arrangements. I am really enjoying this as I am not sure this really reminds me of anything and sounds very fresh. I hear just a tiny bit of British folk bands and Jethro Tull. If you like prod, blues and cool music get this.

I read the RYM music forums a few times a week, but regardless of if it's true or not, it seems to be full of 12 year old boys arguing about genres. Every once in a while I'll come across something worth while there, but usually it's a 30 second visit. I would love to catalog my music there at some point, but it would just be such a monumental undertaking that it's difficult to start.

Is RateYourMusic a good site for finding new bands?

Not really that good for discovering new bands. In a way it can be a good site to discover new music directions by looking up an album that you like and checking if it is on any of the lists that people put together. I found a few really interesting French bands and movements this way. But primarily it is a good site to keep track of you CD/LPs, keep a wishlist and organize your collection.

I read the RYM music forums a few times a week, but regardless of if it's true or not, it seems to be full of 12 year old boys arguing about genres. Every once in a while I'll come across something worth while there, but usually it's a 30 second visit. I would love to catalog my music there at some point, but it would just be such a monumental undertaking that it's difficult to start.

I do not even bother with their forums as the are crap. :P Cataloging stuff there is my main interest, and as I said above some of the lists are really interesting.