Official Head-Case Thread to help fix Icarium's SP amp

tkam

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks sir :) It is appreciated.

Question: Anyone know a good/cheap/reliable place to order some speakon connectors? I believe that is what I'll need to hook up the supply KG is sending me to the amp. Worst case I could salvage them them from the now useless umbilicals, but I was planning on sending them to Justin in case he needed them.

Also can anyone recommend a solid DIYer in the norcal bay area that would be chill with a little work for hire?

I'm looking for someone to basically attach said speakon connectors to the power supply in transit and ascertain that the voltages match "Wall Wart Heaven" prior to connecting the two and powering stuff up.

Nod amb has offered to help me out with this. Ordering the parts now :) Got the power supply from Kevin today... it is a beefy beast. The transformer is especially intimidating. Pretty sure that alone probably outweighs everything that is in the SP chassis right now and costs more too.