New Lavry DA11 DAC

riceboy

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defending your actions would be fighting back. Making another point would be fighting back. Any nine year old can make a "snappy comeback"

Well, I rest my case here: http://www.head-case.org/forums/home-source-components/5602-new-lavry-da11-dac-4.html#post207274

I'll leave the snappy comebacks to everyone else. Now, can we get back on topic and stop crapping on this thread?

Well, I rest my case here: http://www.head-case.org/forums/home-source-components/5602-new-lavry-da11-dac-4.html#post207274

I'll leave the snappy comebacks to everyone else. Now, can we get back on topic and stop crapping on this thread?

This thread got crapped on by you posting your ridiculous offer to Dan Lavry. It was good of him to post here and then you had to ask him for a DA11 in trade for some used headphones. Plus, do you really think he knows what an APS cable is or cares if you have extra chrome housings? If you want a DA11, sell your cans and buy one. Don't put a vendor in a bad position by publicly asking him for something.

Also, nobody cares if you posted positive comments about the DA10 after listening to somebody's unit however long ago. The criticisms and comments about your offer would be just as valid regardless of what you said before, and you can either roll with it or act like a jerk. You chose the latter, mixed in with much whining.

If you don't like the results of posting here, then don't bother. I cannot understand why you continue to try so hard.

I certainly don't wanna hear what's going on in Reks wee brain... :eek:

Can it be that no one read the thread I pointed at?

http://lavryengineering.com/white_papers/DA11_PIC.pdf

This is about a new feature, a new type control designed for the playback location. This is something different, and it is a significant step forward, that is, for the few millions of us audio and music people, out of some 5 trillion people in the world. You can actually change the stereo image width. This is no subtle stuff. This is not a argument about silver wire or gold wire, the kind of stuff that is subtle to the point of being questionable. That image width is very audible, and there is no added distortion, noise, EQ, compression.... The DA is as pure and transparent with the image as it is in normal mode.

Regards

Dan Lavry

Sorry, I did not mean to quote anyone, not Smeggy not anyone else. ! My mistake. It was an "operator error".

I just wanted to get into the thread so I hit the "quote" button. I should have erased the quote, I did not by mistake.

I do wish the thread to get back on track, and away for the personal attacks that often are just a waste of time, in my view.

Regards

Dan Lavry

This is about a new feature, a new type control designed for the playback location. This is something different, and it is a significant step forward, that is, for the few millions of us audio and music people, out of some 5 trillion people in the world. You can actually change the stereo image width. This is no subtle stuff. This is not a argument about silver wire or gold wire, the kind of stuff that is subtle to the point of being questionable. That image width is very audible, and there is no added distortion, noise, EQ, compression.... The DA is as pure and transparent with the image as it is in normal mode.

Regards

Dan Lavry

Sorry, I did not mean to quote anyone, not Smeggy not anyone else. ! My mistake. It was an "operator error".

I just wanted to get into the thread so I hit the "quote" button. I should have erased the quote, I did not by mistake.

I do wish the thread to get back on track, and away for the personal attacks that often are just a waste of time, in my view.

Regards

Dan Lavry

I read the pdf about PIC and said that was one of the main things that attracted me to the DA11, other than the DA10 sounding better than my Mini-DAC. I think it is a great idea.

I'm definitely interested in how the PIC feature in the DA11 sounds, either with headphones or with speakers, which is how I'm currently using my DA10 (with Dynaudio powered monitors).

The only thing I don't like is that up-down toggle volume control, which I notice is also on the DA11. :) But I'm sure this is a dead-horse topic by now.

I'll be looking out for a DA11 demo in local audio shops.

Regards

Dan Lavry

How does it compare to the Lavry Gold?