Bookshelf speakers build

Nebby

I'll definitely be making sure that the area around it is masked off with masking tape before starting. The SR-71's are finished in terms of paint, all that's left is the routing and painting of the baffles, along with the mounting of the parts on the back.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a massive failure on my part today, when routing the countersink for the tweeter I cut it as 4 1/4" instead of 4 1/8" so there's now a gap of 1/8" between the tweeter flange and baffle. Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to redo the baffle so I'll press on and finish it as is. It's a good thing I decided to go with a removable baffle :)

Had a massive failure on my part today, when routing the countersink for the tweeter I cut it as 4 1/4" instead of 4 1/8" so there's now a gap of 1/8" between the tweeter flange and baffle. Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to redo the baffle so I'll press on and finish it as is. It's a good thing I decided to go with a removable baffle :)

My suggestion would be to cut it even larger and make a contrasting ring of wood outside the tweeter so that it looks intentional.