bling your tubes

Smeggy

I was looking around for something to bling my tubes around the base on the casework and found a nice and cheap way to do it for those little amps like the Starving student and CTH, EHHA and others with wee tubes.

Looking around in Lowes hardware stores I found these solid brass Brainerd door viewers:

dsc7924.jpg

If you unscrew the ends you end up with a pair of brass surrounds. One end fits the CTH and Ehha size tubes and the other fits the Starving student tubes so you'll need to buy two viewers to get a matching pair @ $7 or so each. When added to the case, you get this nice bling surround.

dsc7925.jpg

They are pretty deep as you can see so you may need to trim them down depending on how your tubes are mounted. It's a great way to add some polish to your build for cheap. biggrin.gif

the mounting size hole is 1"

But they don't spin though! I need my bling to spin!

Spinnin' tube rims, yo!

Ok.

But seriously, that is very clever. I like how many details can be had for much less than if an "audiophile" merchant made them (who knows what they'd price these at).

EDIT: what will you do with the lenses? Make portholes to view the innards of the amps or something?