JH Audio stuffs

atothex

^ Hmm I was thinking that was actually a great idea, but I took a look at their IEM galleries and wasn't that impressed with the quality of their printing.

I tried this:

S5Qwo.png

But I'll prolly end up just doing this:

OrC24.png

Maybe change the JHAUDIO on the left one to blue...only a few hours left to decide!

Unless they've improved their construction, I'd avoid going with translucent. It bothered me that I could clearly see various imperfections (bubbles, lines, etc.) on my pair when I still had them. You may not care about that, but I figured I'd mention it.

for that reason i would go translucent. you think they try less hard or use imperfect units when they know it's going in an opaque shell? Maybe.

Edited by justin

My 13s are fine; I saw a few tiny bubbles here and there, but no lines—they've been sturdy for the 1.5 years I've had them, and I like their sound.

If I thought JHAudio cut corners in manufacturing depending on the visibility of materials, I probably wouldn't be buying from them in the first place.

I think I finally have a winner:

OrC24.png

Well, make sure you get the artwork and color selection finalize prior to order as they will not be willing to make any alteration even if you offer to pay additional money. I ran into this last year because I wanted to change the color on my JH13pro immediately after I submit my order. Despite that, I'm a very happy customer but sure wish that their customer service is a bit better.

Well, make sure you get the artwork and color selection finalize prior to order as they will not be willing to make any alteration even if you offer to pay additional money. I ran into this last year because I wanted to change the color on my JH13pro immediately after I submit my order. Despite that, I'm a very happy customer but sure wish that their customer service is a bit better.

i would not enter into the IEM business specifically for this reason. the color/artwork changes would drive me insane. and even so, i couldnt prevent myself from changing my JH13 color once or twice though i felt bad doing it.

what they need is a mandatory 2 week waiting period after you place your order where you can still make changes (with an automated system) and then it gets locked in after numerous email notifications grin.gif

According to my next door neighbor who is also my audiologist, your ear canals change over time, especially with weight gain or loss as insignificant as 10 pounds. The molds themselves also don't hold up well over time, I got my molds done once and didn't get to send them in for three weeks - he said it was worth re-taking to be sure they hadn't changed in that time (and he doesn't charge me anything so it's not like he has a vested interest in me needing new molds.)

Edited by Tari

Aren't there other aspects of the DSP/DAC/ADC that make it worthwhile, especially for use with an iPod+CLAS set?
I'm basing that entirely on my belief in the importance of phase information. Since this is now done entirely without the DSP, then I lose interest in paying the extra money for it...at least for now. If he does something else with it in the future, then I will of course revisit.

So yes, there may be other benefits, but IMHO they are negligible and are outweighed by the cost.

According to my next door neighbor who is also my audiologist, your ear canals change over time, especially with weight gain or loss as insignificant as 10 pounds. The molds themselves also don't hold up well over time, I got my molds done once and didn't get to send them in for three weeks - he said it was worth re-taking to be sure they hadn't changed in that time (and he doesn't charge me anything so it's not like he has a vested interest in me needing new molds.)

i didnt use my impressions until they were 6 months old. they were fine. the same impressions were then used over a year after that for Westone ES5.

i didnt use my impressions until they were 6 months old. they were fine. the same impressions were then used over a year after that for Westone ES5.

Professionals are usually overly cautious, but in either case I'd much rather get another set of impressions and not worry about fit than not get it, have fit issues, have to send back and forth for refit (a rigamarole I had to go through 2 years ago and was singularly frustrating.)

Edit - Went to my audiologist today to get new molds for the freqphases (this will be my fourth set). Out of curiosity we compared them to the molds for my last set done three months ago (UERMs). They had contracted. In his estimation, enough to affect the seal.

Edited by Tari

i would not enter into the IEM business specifically for this reason. the color/artwork changes would drive me insane. and even so, i couldnt prevent myself from changing my JH13 color once or twice though i felt bad doing it.

what they need is a mandatory 2 week waiting period after you place your order where you can still make changes (with an automated system) and then it gets locked in after numerous email notifications grin.gif

In my case, their site was having problems accepting the discount code right at the end of the sale period. I had no choice but to pay full price and get discount afterward. I was trying to beat the deadline so I had to send my order through but they ending up extending the sales any way due to the problems. Still I love my JH13pro.

I'm seriously wonder though how good is their business these days given several mfgs are now offering CIEMs and these guys have better customer service to boot.

Has anyone placed an order on the new JH13/16 and compare to their old pre-freq. versions?

Edited by purk

I think the only people who have heard the freq-phased versions are Dinny and Tyll and Larry.

Thanks Dusty. Wonder if we these freq-phased versions will match the sound quality of the JH3A + 16pro? Tyll, spill the beans please.

Edited by purk