JH Audio stuffs

atothex

I love my 13's but the customer service is some of the worst I've encountered.

I joined the JH13's pro team after their thanksgiving sale. Impression was made and arrived at their lab last Thursday. A day after I pushed my order through, they refuse to make change to the color of the earpiece. This to me is rather disappointment given the fact that the earpieces have not been made yet and my request is very simple and won't cost them a dime.

Edited by purk

I joined the JH13's pro team after their thanksgiving sale. Impression was made and arrived at their lab last Thursday. A day after I pushed my order through, they refuse to make change to the color of the earpiece. This to me is rather disappointment given the fact that the earpieces have not been made yet and my request is very simple and won't cost them a dime.

thats too bad, but i understand. what JH needs is to remove the human from the process. have an automated online page where orders are placed, colors are picked, and artwork (if any) is uploaded. allow a 5 day cooling off period, and then LOCK the process by changing the status to "In Production". they must get 100 emails a day about color changes and i have been guilty of at least one of them.

I received my replacement 3a today,jha replaced my green cable as well.I am at work it charged in about a hour & the light turned green.

I turned on the amp everything seems to light up.I will have to wait till I get home to listen to it as I have no sources here.

lets see if 4th times a charm.

Quite a risk to take on such an auspicious day, but I bet it pays off!

Quite a risk to take on such an auspicious day, but I bet it pays off!

Well I listened to a few songs with my Imod last night sounds good no issues so far I have yet to try the digital input yet.

Not sure but from memory I thought the origional one I had without the crossovers in the earpieces might have had a deeper headstage

Need to get more listening time in.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the JH16s for a few weeks now to replace the mis-shipped JH13s. They are great, and I would recommend them over the 13's based on my limited human memory. I think this is partially due to the better fit on this pair. Rather than get new impressions made, I sent in my pair of Westone ES5 to use as impressions. Because the Westones are made with a soft tip material, they increase the diameter of the tip to get a better seal. I was worried this would cause discomfort with the hard material of the JH IEMs, but it's no problem at all. They are extremely comfortable and feel exactly the same as the Westones.

Good news, Justin.

Well I listened to a few songs with my Imod last night sounds good no issues so far I have yet to try the digital input yet.

Not sure but from memory I thought the origional one I had without the crossovers in the earpieces might have had a deeper headstage

Need to get more listening time in.

Any further progress, Tom? Hopefully the 3A is treating you right this time.

Sorry if I've missed it, but do you like 'em better than ES5 soundwise?...

of the customs that I have

JH16 > JH13(lost) > ES5 > ES3X

i don't have any UEs because after they were bought by Logitech they wouldn't do amp trades with me like JH and Westone

in build quality

JH16 (copied ES5 bodies) > ES5 > ES3X/JH13 (tie)

in comfort

JH16/ES5 (tie) > ES3X > JH13

Edited by justin

Good news, Justin.

Any further progress, Tom? Hopefully the 3A is treating you right this time.

Al,

It seems to be working fine I have only listened to it for a couple of hours,Seems to be opening up more with use, similar as the origional unit I had.

I have a audiopilleo2 & bnc silver dragon cable,Clear Cardas usb cable coming so I can get the full pontential from the digital input.

I am happy with it so far,it does sound good.

of the customs that I have

JH16 > JH13(lost) > ES5 > ES3X

I'd have gotten JH13 over the ES5, but the price ($50 total) made the choice easy. wink.png Of course I had a minor customer support problem that took 6 months to solve. It was solved well though.

in build quality

JH16 (copied ES5 bodies) > ES5 > ES3X/JH13 (tie)

I'm impressed by the ES5 build quality. It looks like JHA was too.

in comfort

JH16/ES5 (tie) > ES3X > JH13

I agree that the ES5 is comfortable. It seems that having proper molds is very important for comfort.

My JH13Pro arrived couple of days ago and I've been listening to them non stop. Superb sounding and all the raves are true. Wish I had jumped on the bandwagon long ago. I think the bass on the 13pro is top notch and any more will likely be too much for me. Coming from a Shure SE530, the JH13pro is a huge leap in sound improvement. Best part about the 13pro and the custom design is no more listening fatigue!! Question is what an upgraded cable will do to the sound of 13pro? Anyone?