JH Audio stuffs

atothex

I am considering to buy a new JH-3A. Unforntunately, there haven't been lots of posts about the current version of the JH-3A in the last time. Is it because all of you are satisfied with it?

I am a bit concerened about the hiss/background noise issue of the JH-3A. I am very sensitive to this and usually try to eliminate any hiss by using an attenuator. This is of course not possible with the JH-3A. I would appreciate it if any of the JH-3A owners could comment on this. Is there still any audible noise/hiss when using the digital SPIDF or USB input?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I was thinking of getting the 3A along with the 16s but even with the sale dropping the incremental cost down to around $479 (plus the adapter), for some reason it seems even less justifiable than before—especially when the Pico Power preorder cost is only $375, for fuck's sake.

There's no way the 3A beats that.

My hand is poised on the trigger—Dusty, someone, stop me before I kill again!

I'm talking about my wallet.

Well the 3A/16 combination is a different thing -- it's not one vs. the other, really. I would start smaller -- just get the (freqphased) 13's, if anything. IMHO, the DSP box has been rendered moot by the freqphase technology, if I understand it correctly.

And go back and read some of Mike's (tyrion) troubles with customer service, you may not want to do business with them at all. Just get a pair of Ety's and be done with it.

• Like 1

I already have the 13s and love them, so was thinking about the 16s even before the freqphase thing hit.

And I know the two amps are completely different, but you're right--freqphase seems to completely eliminate any advantage of the 3A...

Anyway, my guess is ill be playing with the IEM designer until shortly before midnight on the 25th.

If I were to need a high res Head-Case logo for custom artwork, where could I go about acquiring it? :)