Ye Macce Threade

Yeah, it is cool. I know some people have been questioning it's purpose and whether it's a viable mouse alternative but like I say, ive been using these devices for many years and I'm completely used to them just as I am with meeses. I'd still like to see some kludge worked out for iPad use when I'm doing vnc stuff as it's a quicker way of manipulating a vnc than the touchscreen on the iPad.

The Apple Store was all out of them today so I officially have no magic in my life tonight.

I was happy that I did not have to buy a new battery as the Genius replaced my bad battery for free even though it has been out of warranty for a couple of years.

So, my 3.5 year old Apple TV is dying. I bought this in the first few days that the Apple TV's were released, and have gotten a lot of use out of it.

At first I thought it was over-heating, but even cooling it off overnight by unplugging it doesn't help this problem. The video card now shows artifacts, from tiny green red and white stars on all the screens, to bad pixelation when playing a movie, to freezing up and becoming unresponsive. This is when using Component video out or HDMI. I restored the OS to factory (OS 1.0) with no help, and updated it to OS 3.2 (or whatever is newest) with no help.

So, I'm taking to Apple tomorrow to see if it's a simple fix, but I don't have high hopes for it. Anyone else have a similar experience with theirs?

I starting to get annoyed with Apple. I ordered the Magic Trackpad on the 27th through the education store. They had it listed as shipping in 3-5 days (even though the non-education store had it listed as shipping in 24 hours). Since I was going out of town, I thought this would be fine. Unfortunately, I got an email from Apple stating that it won't ship until the 18th now!!!!! Argggggggg!

Shelly, I believe there is an Apple Store in Annapolis. Buy one and cancel your order.

I need to upgrade both my macs to Snow Leopard and then upgrade my bootcamp on my office MBP to get the trackpad to have more of the finger swipes working.

Yep, it is pretty close. Now to convince the family that we need to take a trip to the mall.

I do wish apple would get over themselves already and just release proper drivers for windows. They do know half the maccies out there also use windows, and not via fucking boot camp. It's not like it's hard to do, they did buy the company and hire the people that invented this shit which also had the fully functional and customizable windows xp drivers that do about 50x more than the trackpad does over 5 years ago!

Fucking apple fucktards. I knew there was a reason I stayed away from apple so long, petty minded bitches.

Aaaaah, that feels better :)

I do wish apple would get over themselves already and just release proper drivers for windows. They do know half the maccies out there also use windows, and not via fucking boot camp. It's not like it's hard to do, they did buy the company and hire the people that invented this shit which also had the fully functional and customizable windows xp drivers that do about 50x more than the trackpad does over 5 years ago!

Fucking apple fucktards. I knew there was a reason I stayed away from apple so long, petty minded bitches.

Aaaaah, that feels better :)

Magic Trackpad Windows drivers

yeah, already got those installed and they work mostly ok with windows 7, on xp 32 all you can do is move the cursor and left-click the feet buttons. Trouble is, my work machines are both xp so no using it here where it would be most useful for me. I'm sure sooner or later someone will come up with working xp drivers. I hope so anyway :)

the fact you don't really feel it is why it's perfect. There's a slight frosting to it, subtle but it's there. Not enough to feel rough and not so little it sticks like the smooth glass on the iphone/pad can. Smooth with low finger resistance.

Well bugger me, just went to my (not so local) apple store to get an exchange nano and what did I see on the shelf? The naw battery pack charger thingy. Took it to the counter and asked if they knew when there were going to be any camera kits available and while I was asking the guy this, the girl next to him was typing away and next thing you know, another guy came out from the back and handed me a camera kit... It was uncannily coordinated ninja stealth work! Funny thing was, they guy I was asking was saying they were sold out. Good job his partner was dropping eaves or I'd have missed it.