Ye Macce Threade

• 2 weeks later...

An old interview I can across on longform.org this morning where Jobs sounds very different. Thought some of you might enjoy too.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/4.02/jobs_pr.html

"The problem is I'm older now, I'm 40 years old, and this stuff doesn't change the world. It really doesn't."

Edited by blessingx

"The problem is I'm older now, I'm 40 years old, and this stuff doesn't change the world. It really doesn't."

Oh yes it does! It changes everything [again]. Did he use the words "magical" or "revolutionary"? :P

Mine came last night. Planning on migrating everything over this afternoon then repacking for transit down South next week. May run a few benchmarks just for fun! :)

Sweet. That thing must smoke. Maybe you can post a few more times a day again with its increased speed.

Sweet. That thing must smoke. Maybe you can post a few more times a day again with its increased speed.

After migrating all my data over, now it won't boot! Faaaaaaaaaaark. Beginning troubleshooting process. If it's anything more than a disk issue, it'll have to go back for refund as the movers come Monday and it's a little big to fit in hand luggage!

Yeah, I used Migration Assistant and it went fine. New Mac was working fine. When I restarted, though, it was White Screen Of Death.

So far, managed to boot from install DVD and repair the startup volume -- but that didn't fix the issue. Now running the hardware test. Last resort will be a full reformat and restore from Time Machine, assuming it can see the external drive.

This is a weird one. The bugger booted perfectly out of the box and seems physically perfect (awesome display, no yellow tint, no dead pixels, diagnostics OK), but something clearly went awry in the migration process. I nuked the HD from orbit a second time, booted from the install DVD, repaired the startup disk and was finally able to get up and running. Now migrating again from a separate backup volume. Fingers crossed!

BTW, this is my 4th iMac and first ever issue with going from one to another.