Ye Macce Threade

Just noticed today that there are two lines, one vertical and one horizontal, on my 2011 MBP. Predictably, it's out of warranty and I hadn't bought AppleCare on this one. :palm: I guess I'll be taking it to an Apple Store to see what it would cost to get it fixed. Though considering I now mainly use this machine stationary with an external monitor, I'm not sure if it's worth it to get it fixed.

they might fix it free, you never know.

about to take the plunge on ML at home. started the ML install at work before i left.

Yeah, I'll make an appointment and will be taking it to an Apple Store in the next couple of days. As for ML, I installed it tonight without a hitch and have had no issue with it so far. I'm liking the reminders and notes are now separate apps, much easier to use than before when they were part of iCal and Mail.

Oh, and Safari does seem to run smoother, though I may very well be imagining it.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Is it just me, or in Safari 6 did they take away the ability to use the Delete key to go back a page? I know I can swipe on the touchpad to do this, but I had just always used the Delete key. After installing Mountain Lion tonight, it no longer works.

Other than that I'm ok with the changes so far, and really like AirPlay.

Just got back from an Apple Store and they quoted me a flat $310 to fix everything. I decided to not fix it for now since the machine is used with an external monitor and it rarely get used as a laptop now-a-days. Once the screen becomes unusable, I'll get it fixed, assuming I haven't replaced the whole machine by then.

Jeez, I haven't gotten around to installing Lion on my MBP15 yet! For some reason I had decided to stay with Snow Leopard on the Mac Mini but I cannot remember why now. Maybe because of MTR (vfree).

Yep, I only have Lion on the air. Everything else is Snow Leopard. I'll probably upgrade the air and keep everything else the same. Now for the real decision. New iPad 3 or new Air.

Edited by morphsci

Or maybe not...

"Apple Inc. held discussions with Twitter Inc. more than a year ago about taking a strategic investment in the short-messaging service, according to a person familiar with the talks.

People familiar with the matter said there are no current formal investment or acquisition discussions between the companies.'

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443343704577553953443264394.html?mod=rss_Technology