Liquor from Scotland - Gin!

skullguise

Not a gin connoisseur by any means, but I have recently been drinking it some with dinners. Usually with tonic and lime.

Just went out to a nice place last night, and ordered Bombay Sapphire. Waitress, a gin lover herself (and dang cute!), recommended one I had only heard of but never learned about or tried: Hendricks of Scotland

Distilled with flowers and cucumbers! :confused::rolleyes: I took her recommendation, though, and glad I did! Was a very smooth yet flavorful gin, with none of the pseudo-paint-thinner scent I've smelled before, even a bit on some of the best gins.

Highly recommended....will likely get a bottle for myself, first hard alcohol I've bought since Absenthe became legal again in the US.....

Plymouth Navy Strength is worth a try. Do be judicious with the dosage, though. ;)

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk20/allyourpicsarebelongtous/GT_FRONT.jpg

Is it me or is something wrong with the label? It says "100 Proof" near the top and "57% Vol" at the bottom. "57% Vol" is 114 Proof, assuming it's talking about the alcohol content. If it's not talking about that, what is it talking about. :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this ol' thread.....doesn't look like Blackwoods is even available in the USA (?)

I'd be surprised if any of the UK online stores would ship to USA, or even if they do if it's worth the $.

Any suggestions? Anyone coming over to the USA (Northeast) for a visit? ;D

I'll actually keep an eye out for a local who is going there, too.....