SoFla Winter Meet 12/5/09

screaming oranges

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are local (defined as Florida), please bring your rigs. Yes that means you Gene. No holding back. ...

Since you asked so nicely, I'll throw in the Accuphase twins and K1000 in addition to the Woo rig with MBP/Duet. Will have HD800, HD650, and a few others.

I'll bring my stash.

Back in the day that would have been quite impressive. Now? pffft, just headphones, amps, sources, and firearms.

If it makes you feel better Duggeh, JH-13's, work and spousal commitments make my attendance unlikely. And just to rub it in a Jet Blue had $99 One Way Cyber Monday SFO->FLL Offer. Virgin America have an active $109 One way SFO->FLL . I'll let you covert that to pence per mile for comparison (to you proposed flight) purposes.

We'll just have to enjoy the meet vicariously, though other peoples impressions, and take solace that our posts won't be as drunk as theirs :)

Keep us informed as to the efficacy of Tactical Nuclear Penguin as a painkiller.

I picked up a gal. growler of Stone Cali-Belgique, a couple of bottles of Double Bastard, a bottle of Oboviod Oak Aged Oatmeal Stout and Victory Wild Devil. One thing is for certain, there will be no shortage of beer at this meet.

Matt, glad you can make it. Doug and Grahame, sorry you guys will not be here.

Edited by tyrion

Guys, the person pressure-washing our house blew off some telephone box, so I have no internets at home for the time being. It's supposed to be fixed today. Either way, I can still check my email during lunch hour at work, so for those I am picking up, you can reach me there.

I think I also gave my phone number. If you don't have it, ask Mike or Brent.

I reserved to mini vans for Friday night. The cost was $126 for the day for both vans. I can possibly get a 15 passenger van but it's not as convenient as the mini vans are as it is at a different location. I will have to add two additional drivers which will add a bit more. The vans will hold 7 passengers each so we will still need one or two people to bring cars. If there are 4 or 5 people that are willing to drive Friday night then the vans will not be needed. Ron from Zu offered to drive. He didn't know which vehicle he was bringing but one maybe a Suburban. I will check with him. It looks like we have 18 for Friday night.

Edited by tyrion

I just spoke to Ron at Zu and he will have a mini van that will hold 7 total. I think I will cancel the vans and hope there are two people that will be able to drive. Alex, you can drive my car. I can get 4 total in my car. 5 will fit but I don't believe there is a seatbelt for the middle back. I will check at lunch. This means we need two more designated drivers.

Mike, I don't mind being designated river at all. I also don't mind taking my car either. It's a mazda 3. I can fit two passengers comfortably in the back, three if they arent too big, plus the one in the front passenger seat, obviously. If you think your car is roomier, I don't mind taking it either. Either way, my car is available for travel.

Mike, I don't mind being designated river at all. I also don't mind taking my car either. It's a mazda 3. I can fit two passengers comfortably in the back, three if they arent too big, plus the one in the front passenger seat, obviously. If you think your car is roomier, I don't mind taking it either. Either way, my car is available for travel.

I can fit 5 in my car. There is a middle seat belt in the back.