Apple Tablet

$100 rental fee, I don't think so. I have a feeling I can use my iphone as a wifi modem for the the ipad. I have PDANet and that is one of the features. I'm hoping that someone will try it and post whether it works on macrumors or some other site. If it works, then I will likely just keep the wifi. I probably do not need the 3G in any event but I don't mind spending the $130 for the option.

I'm still more in the what the hell is the point of this thing mode.

I have to be honest, it looks like it's cool and I like cool stuff.

I bring my computer with me whenever I'm on the road and I am hoping that will no longer be necessary with the ipad. It would be great to bring this to Europe in June instead of my computer.

Does anyone know if HC chat will work with the ipad? I know it will not do flash initially. I am assuming not since it doesn't work on the iphone.

16GB WiFi ordered. Looks like I'll get mine on April 5, since it's shipping to my office and not my home. Oh well. Maybe, just maybe, it'll show up a day early through some weird shipping anomaly, it's happened with other Apple products in the past....... I seriously doubt it though.

No, it can't be a server... or at least there isn't functionality for that in the iPod app or any other app that I'm aware of. It can play music from a music server though via Simplify Media... not sure if there are others programs. That's the model I think would be better... you have limited space on the iPad... serve music/content from somewhere else to the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch. I have a feeling Apple might be working on something like that. They are currently building a $1 billion data center in NC. Couple that with the purchase of Lala, a service that allows you to upload your files and listen via the browser, and it seems likely that we might see that sort of service in a future release of iTunes or maybe MobileMe.