The Live Music Thread

Thaddy

CeCo III

Composers circle at the Faculty of Music of my university. About 60 people in the room, at least 3/4 of them are the actual composers and performers. :P

All creations, mostly solos, duos, trios and quartets, some enjoyable, others not so much. There was a bit too much of electoacoustic stuff, it's not really my kind of thing. Anyway, it was an interesting night to broaden my musical horizons and I plan to attend these future events, if only for encouraging one of my friends who's one of the composers.

Mike, how was Furthur? is Bobby keeping it together?

I caught Drive-By Truckers two weeks ago in Mobile, last weekend it was Umphreys McGee, sold out show at the Tabernacle in Atlanta. great energy, great music, worst fans I've ever encountered. no respect, totally selfish. I've seen jackasses at other shows but nothing like the douchebaggery I witnessed at Umphreys.

Trey band in two weeks!

Atos Trio were, indeed, everything Justin said they were -- Dusty was in (sings it like the E*trade baby sings 'fierce') Hea-vuuuun. Easily the best chamber music act I've ever seen.

And we had just had the best Ramen I've ever had. Jin, what was the name of that place again?

Menkui Tei - Midtown East - New York, NY

x3 on the concert. It was friggin amazing.

Flogging Molly on Friday night, great high energy set at a nice brand new venue, the Charlotte Fillmore. I enjoyed it, though would have been nicer had it not been packed past capacity.

Looking forward to Epica this Saturday in Raleigh, I'll have to bring my real camera to share some more Simone pics.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to a placebo concert @ Akasaka Blitz last Friday. I actually didn't know them until recently (Thanks dusty!) , but I liked what I heard enough to buy a ticket.

It was great! even though I didn't know most of the songs. :P

Setlist pic from my phone:

post-161-12951156574972_thumb.jpg

I also been to Mew and Phoenix concerts during Feb. Got 相対性理論 (Soutaisei-Riron) this coming weekend, and Galactic the following. :cool:

I attended the Epica show at Volume 11 last Saturday, ashamedly my first metal show and a long one with 5 bands over five hours. Drinks were decently priced and they had microwavable food and snacks inside (awesome). :D By the time Epica came on, the temp difference and the tin roof created perspiration that created a rain like effect which in my eyes actually increased the epicness. :P I'm not sure Epica found it amusing, Simone had a fat drop land right on her forehead. :palm: Some moshing and the crowd was pumped, overall it was a great experience.

Crappy cell pics:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2781[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2779[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2778[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2780[/ATTACH]pencil.pngpencil.pngpencil.pngpencil.png

post-885-1295115657901_thumb.jpg

post-885-12951156580993_thumb.jpg

post-885-12951156582639_thumb.jpg

post-885-12951156584491_thumb.jpg

Yesterday was a special day. The Yaron Herman Trio was in town.( Concerts ) WOW!!!! what a freaking good show. I've seen a lot a up and rising new jazz pianists but this one was as good as I was expecting to be.

Too bad he will spend 2010 almost exclusively outside the US but still there's one single opening available in a few days in NY.

Take my word for it he's that good.

Amicalement