Miami Restaurant Recommendations

Voltron

Some friends from Paris are staying in Miami over Christmas and I would like to give them a few restaurant and entertainment suggestions. They are a family of 4 with teenage kids who are 16 and 18 or so. They are also going to Key West, so let me know if you have good ideas for that locale as well. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Voltron

While in Miami they should probably go to Coconut Groove. Plenty of restaurants to choose from. South Beach and Lincoln Road as well. In Key West just direct them to Duval Street. They can rent mopeds, snorkeling, scuba, boat trips. Sloppy Joes and Hogs Breath are touristy places but there is no shortage of places to eat in walking distance to everything. Mallory Square is a cool place where there are street performers and a great sunset.

I'd add http://www.head-case.org/forums/meet-impressions/3489-canjam-08-meet-impressions-10.html#post121217

South beach - people watching, Art Deco Hotels, peeking into Mango's Tropical Cafe Miami Beach Florida Live Entertainment Book your next Private Event with Us ! at night.

Driving up from/down to Key West, take time to check out Main Page - Bahia Honda State Park Florida State Parks

Key West: What Mike said. If you want to go full tourist check out Blue Heaven

And don't forget Frozen Key Lime Pie Dipped in Chocolate on Stick from

Blond Giraffe Key Lime Pie Factory, Key West, Florida.

Al ... I believe you and jp got almost kicked out of Mango's on SB, no?

When I have time in Miami, I always go to Calle Ocho (Little Havana on 8th St) for Cuban cofee from sidewalk vendors and breakfast or lunch at any of the many local restaurants.

In KW if they are walking around, the Hemingway house is cool, as is climbing the old lighthouse tower. At night, do what Mike suggested - Mallory Sq for the sunset craziness, then Duval St. For breakfast, gotta be PePe's on Caroline St.