Part Sourcing Assistance/Advice Thread

n_maher

Thanks, Doug.  Sorry.  EL34.  The small tubes are 12AT7 and 12AX7.   The sockets are:

Belton Micalex, 8 Pin Octal PC Mount Long Lead ARS #P-ST8-209MIPPCL ($17.5)
9 Pin PC Mount Standoff Miniature, (Belton) ARS #P-ST9-620 ($13.75)

I'll post up some pics as requested.  Now that I am looking at the parts list, that Belton Micalex is just an 8 pin octal, so I would imagine there are shorter versions.  More soon.  
Edited by bhjazz

• 3 weeks later...

And as it turns out, I ended up ordering the stuff at Jameco.  PLC Center has a $50 order minimum.  They mention that they charge a fee if the order is less than $50.  What that means is that if your order is $1.50, the fee would be $48.50...  

/nothanks

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone knows what's going on with Jeff at Glass Jar Audio?

I exchanged an e-mail with him and placed an order two weeks ago, but he hasn't shipped out the package yet and has gone silent since that. I could have bought the kit from mouser, and it would have been functional by now.. I just wanted to save a little hassle and time, but it's doing precisely the opposite... Maybe I should call him on Monday...

Edited by jwzhan

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about to tackle a complex smd project- the Sjostrom QRV08 headamp. I need a good set of smd tweezers to handle 0805 size parts. Should I go for needle nose or for those who have the widened ends?

Is there any reason to buy titanium tweezers save for the bragging rights?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone knows what's going on with Jeff at Glass Jar Audio?

I exchanged an e-mail with him and placed an order two weeks ago, but he hasn't shipped out the package yet and has gone silent since that. I could have bought the kit from mouser, and it would have been functional by now.. I just wanted to save a little hassle and time, but it's doing precisely the opposite... Maybe I should call him on Monday...

Jeff is notorious for doing that.  I never understood why.  He has such a good thing going but repeatedly disappears like that.  Sure, give him a call.  He's good for it, just really slow.  

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff is notorious for doing that.  I never understood why.  He has such a good thing going but repeatedly disappears like that.  Sure, give him a call.  He's good for it, just really slow.  

Yeah, I got the kit from him roughly a week after the post. It seemed to be packed in a hurry tho. Nothing is labeled and all the components are just mixed in a single bag.... Nothing was missing, so I guess it's fine.

Also, I'm buying parts from Satodenki through a friend of mine, since deadlylover seems to be not doing it now.

I just bought some parts including 2SK216, 2SJ79, 2SA1968LS, 2SC4686A and some Dynahi parts. He is shipping them out this week via EMS and I should have them by next week. If they are good, I'll get a group buy together. Price will be the actual shipped price + 10% fee for him. The final price is still going to be 50% of BDent's. I will report back.

Edited by jwzhan

Satodenki stuff is good. I got a boatload of stuff recently from them and they are all perfect.

Sato is nice, my friend helped me got some parts from them.

I've found another keisei-net co jp , they provide oversea shipping.

But I didn't buy from them. Can check stock online.

So, I check the HV parts and they checked out.

I'm getting a group buy together. Anyone who wants parts from Satodenki can send me a PM and I'll get a googledoc with price up after I get the first few PMs.

Here is the link to the site.

Final price for my first order that I got was about 45% of the cost if I bought from bdent.

So, I check the HV parts and they checked out.

I'm getting a group buy together. Anyone who wants parts from Satodenki can send me a PM and I'll get a googledoc with price up after I get the first few PMs.

Here is the link to the site.

Final price for my first order that I got was about 45% of the cost if I bought from bdent.

I'm interested but I'm still deciding on what I need/want. 

I'm interested but I'm still deciding on what I need/want. 

I'm looking to place the order either at the end of this month or the beginning of next month.

Also, this will likely be the only group buy that I'll ever do...

I actually got all the parts I need from the test batch, so this group buy is solely for the benefit of the community.

Some info on the process. My friend will go to the physical store to buy the parts and mail them to me via EMS. I'll then distribute the parts via USPS or whatever way you choose. He can also mail the parts via EMS directly to you at the actual cost. EMS to the states for my test batch was $15 insurance and tracking included.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking to place the order either at the end of this month or the beginning of next month.

I actually got all the parts I need from the test batch, so this group buy is solely for the benefit of the community.

Some info on the process. My friend will go to the physical store to buy the parts and mail them to me via EMS. I'll then distribute the parts via USPS or whatever way you choose. He can also mail the parts via EMS directly to you at the actual cost. EMS to the states for my test batch was $15 insurance and tracking included.

Just wondering if you are still running a group buy.  I'm close to finalizing what I need.

Edited by chiguy

Could you please post the link again to choose parts?

Thank You