Sleeping position

boomana

I'm in full-out avoidance mode. I should be working, but I'm playing around on the Internet instead. I bumped into this article, and thought it interesting.

What does your sleep position reveal about your personality? - Healthy Living on Shine

I'm not much into the "this is what this means about you," and quite frankly think it's bullhooey, but I've always been curious about sleeping positions. I almost never move once I'm asleep, and can generally wake up hours later without a wrinkle on the sheets. According to this pic, I'm a starfish sleeper about 80% of the time, though my hands are often under my head or on my chest like a corpse in a coffin. The other 50% I start out in fetal position, but will wake up on my back if I do.

Anyway, what are you?

sleeping.gif

Posting this before I see what it means, but I think it means I'm a "Tosser & turner": I try to start out Soldier or Starfish, sometimes Yearner if I'm having a particularly bad night (doctor told me to sleep on my side for the apnea), often wake up as a Freefaller or Yearner, sometimes Foetus, but rarely.

I could never be 'log' -- cat wouldn't allow it. Cat needs to be embraced at all times. Well, not "embraced" so much as "somewhat enclosed".

Oh, and get back to work. I want to see that report YESTERDAY![/boss voice]

Edited by Dusty Chalk

I think I'm a mix of fetus with freefaller arm positioning, soldier, and starfish. Whatever it takes to maximize contact with the cool side of the pillow. I've found that I fall asleep faster in fetus, but sleep more deeply (with fewer wake-ups) when I start in soldier. Hard to say whether the descriptions are accurate. Maybe, what with the slight bipolar tinge and macro ADD attributes to my personality.

Standing wheelbarrow http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090808195016AAJXF0w

More seriously, all of the ones in the pic plus more, minus log. I don't even know how you would be able to rest your entire body weight on one arm. There's plenty of times I've woken up with shooting pains in my arms from being in a position which cut off circulation though.

While I try to fall asleep in 'soldier', I invariably move to 'foetus' after a few minutes, then give up and fall asleep in Colin's 'freefaller' a short while later. My chiro told me that freefaller is supposed to be pretty bad on the back, FWIW, but I can't sleep any other way.

Story from college: I once woke up in "Freefaller" on the bathroom floor. My roommate at the time laughed at the tileprints on my face. My excuse: tequila. Got a girl's phone number that night, too, which is pretty good considering how drunk I was. Oh wait, that's right, she asked me -- must have been one of those attracted to alcoholic types. I think she dumped me when she realized I really wasn't an alcoholic.